Another Noobie question SOLVED by Michael

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All

I have the arteria mini v loaded and I have 4 VST ( NOT BW ) effects added to it
IE: reverb ,space echo etc etc.

I really like the sound

My question is. How can I now take all the vst effects with all there settings, minus the mini v. And save them to a Preset, so I can put the same chain on to another track without having to copy and paste each individual effect

cheers
Kev

If you don´t ask you don´t learn
Last edited by turbo_kev on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Use the "chain" device, it's found in the Containers section. Simply drop all the FX devices you mentioned into the Chain device, then Save the chain device with an appropriate name, and it will appear in the library for you to use whenever you want.

Cheers!

-Michael

Many Thanks Michael

That was easy, I just spent 3 hours trying to do that
and with your help it took me 5 seconds LOL

Now your my new best friend, I am going to bug you to death with questions
Only Joking

Many thanks

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

from the tips and tips thread:

select several devices and hit cmd+g on mac to make them a layer:

Hi Suloo

What is the difference between doing it with an INSTURMENT LAYER and doing it with CHAIN

is it that with the instrument layer you are saving the vst with all the added effects
but with the Chain you are just saving the effects but not your vst instrument

I am confused

cheers
Kev

What i love with containers... is when you render the clip it also renders the FX!

turbo_kev wrote:Hi Suloo

What is the difference between doing it with an INSTURMENT LAYER and doing it with CHAIN

is it that with the instrument layer you are saving the vst with all the added effects

I am confused

cheers
Kev
yes, thats it.

codec17 wrote:What i love with containers... is when you render the clip it also renders the FX!
yep, when having a chain the bounce in place function renders post fx. ;)

hehe :hihi: Yeah! Thats a better explanation ... :tu:

Suloo wrote:
turbo_kev wrote:Hi Suloo

I am confused

cheers
Kev
yes, thats it.
mmmm I'm not sure if it's me who doesn't understand the question but my answer would rather be "no".

The CHAIN is a one layer container ...you can put your instrument inside it and the fx you want and save it and it will save everything (including your vsti).

The INSTRUMENT LAYER can contain multiple "chain" ...for exemple many synths that will play together...

It's a little redundant, which probably leads to some confusion.

A chain is just a smaller version -- one chain, left to right, containing devices.

An FX Layer or Instrument layer allows Multiple chains to exist in one space. If you have just one chain in the Layer, then it's no different than having a Chain. But with the Layer, you can also add more chains, creating a Parallel Processing situation. So it's more flexible.

So they didn't really even need to create the Chain device, because you could just use an FX Layer and only create one layer inside it, and the net result is the same -- at least, as far as I can tell! If i'm missing some other difference between them, somebody please chime in and let me know!

-M

Return to “Bitwig”