Sampler crossfade or snap to zero crossing?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I saw the U-he cross promotion and decided to try the Bitwig demo. Sadly, the sampler doesn't appear to have either loop crossfade or snap to zero crossing, features that are pretty essential to me as I like to mess with loop points on the fly - am I right about this or are these features hidden in a pref panel somewhere?

If it's not available at present, are there plans to add it soon?

This would be really useful.

I heard a lot of people, myself included, were asking for this and i think at some point they will put some work into the sampler. But my feeling is that in the meantime other things have priority.
Mac OSX 10.11.2
Safire Pro 14

https://soundcloud.com/kung_vu

Yeah sampler is kinda hurting right now fortunately. I think it's fine they are focusing on other things at the moment, but after 1.2 I really hope sampler gets some much needed improvements. There are certain things that we've come to expect from samplers. Like crossfade for the loop so looping doesn't sound terrible. Or a playhead marker to indicate the playback position of the sample. And I wish there were visual indications of where the start and loop points were after modifying them with the sample start and loop start/length knobs.

Sampler already got a little love in the 1.2 Beta. A new gain knob and a "steal release" knob for the amplitude envelope that can reduce popping that occurs when voices get cut off. Maybe there's a chance for some extra stuff before the release, or if not, hopefully right after. I also think that crossfade loop is pretty basic so hopefully it's not too far away.

Ogopogo wrote:Sampler already got a little love in the 1.2 Beta.
I've also noticed sample start time can now be a mod destination which is a pretty cool addition.

toby wrote:
I've also noticed sample start time can now be a mod destination which is a pretty cool addition.
Wasnt that already there? I only got 1.1 :oops:

codec17 wrote:
toby wrote:
Wasnt that already there? I only got 1.1 :oops:
No the sample start / loop times were not able to be mod destinations in previous versions.

Just trying it though it looks like Timbre and pressure do not do anything. I'll have to investigate that further.

Anyone heard if Sampler is being worked on anytime soon?

Trying to loop sample material is painful, no cross fading option and trying to zoom in to locate zero crossing ain't plain sailing either, along with the option to snap to zero crossing, I think the ability to left click & drag over an area of the waveform to zoom in stages, would make it a lot more user friendly, instead of clicking and dragging the slider at the bottom, cos once you zoom right in, it's a bit of a pain scrolling to the loop points.

Also, native SFZ support is pretty standard for a sampler those days...

I'm also eagerly awaiting loop fades. And still bewildered that it wasn't there originally. That should have come before being able to load multiple samples imho!

Apart from that I'd live to see repitching independent of time and being able to stretch without changing pitch (two sides of the same coin).

troxx wrote:Anyone heard if Sampler is being worked on anytime soon?

Trying to loop sample material is painful, no cross fading option and trying to zoom in to locate zero crossing ain't plain sailing either, along with the option to snap to zero crossing, I think the ability to left click & drag over an area of the waveform to zoom in stages, would make it a lot more user friendly, instead of clicking and dragging the slider at the bottom, cos once you zoom right in, it's a bit of a pain scrolling to the loop points.
You can zoom with middle mouse button +drag up/down, not enough to spot zero crossings though because of no vertical zoom.
But zero crossings are not really the issue, the loop has fades on the end and beginning already. I don´t get any clicks, do you?

toby wrote: Just trying it though it looks like Timbre and pressure do not do anything. I'll have to investigate that further.
Those come too late for the sample start (i´d consider this a bug), once the sample is running this parameter doesn´t do anything. Loop start/length works with timbre/pressure though

Return to “Bitwig”