Drum Machine - Sample at a fixed pitch?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just tried, the keytracking stayed off after deactivating.

Did you do something different?

Tearing Riots wrote:
Did you do something different?

no... are you on a mac or pc ...im on mac ...ill check on my pc later

Win 7 64

It's the same thing on mac and windows ...the behaviour is weird... if you try situation #3 it will probably do the same for you.

1. When you load the first sample, you can deactivate the keytracking and then swap sample and keytracking will stay off.

2. Once there is already one sample loaded and you want to load another instead, if you use the folder icon at the bottom left of the sampler it will turn on the keytracking and reset all knobs of sampler ....but then if you turn off keytracking again it will stay off when you swap sample.

3. If you use the folder icon on top of the "Sampler" just beside the sample.wav to swap sample, now it will most of the time reset the keytracking when you swap sample ....but sometime it turns it off... then turn it on...

Anyway, at the moment, the Drum Machine should play all sample at C3 (original pitch) by default... at the moment the output MIDI note of each pad is the same note as the input which is a nonsense. If you load a sample in C3 pad it will be played in a different pitch than the same sample loaded in E2.

In Ableton Live all output are C3 by default ...and can be modified...

This is SUPER annoying behavior, and totally nonsensical -- it's a Drum machine, you can only trigger the sample with 1 note anyway, so why the heck would you want the sample split across the keyboard by default?? Seems a no-brainer that the Default behavior for a drum pad = playback at normal pitch at mapped trigger key for pad. Baffling that it would do anything else by default.

I often load in many, many samples at one time, and then have to manually go through all the pads and turn off key-tracking for all the samples it turned it on for. It's...baaaaad.

-M

Yes this is a hard one for me as well, I have avoided using the drum machine because of this and am using Phalanx (awesome sampler) instead.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Bumping this thread in hopes we can see an update where loading a new sample into the sampler does not reset the key tracking.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

I found the solution, select the sampler that you want to swap and press "B" to browse and select a new sample, if you activate or de-activate the key tracking option it should stay in the position you chose!

powermat wrote:Anyone know of a batch metadata editor? I'd like to apply it to a ton of samples.
My favorite batch tool for samples (only WAV format supported)
http://www.bjoernbojahr.de/endlesswav.html

Semipro wrote:I found the solution, select the sampler that you want to swap and press "B" to browse and select a new sample, if you activate or de-activate the key tracking option it should stay in the position you chose!
Thanks for the suggestion, key tracking still resets here when I try this method (perhaps some of the samples you tried didn't have the meta-data embedded)

It resets but only once, try to click the key tracking option again with the browser open!
I can confirm that it works, i' have tried with many samples

Semipro wrote:It resets but only once, try to click the key tracking option again with the browser open!
I can confirm that it works, i' have tried with many samples
This is what happens for me, am I doing something different?

*EDIT - Got it working! Very strange behavior though and has to be done in a very specific way & very specific order for it to work.

Once you commit the sampler & re-open the sampler it still resets the keytracking even if you press "B". You must keep the browser open for this to work which is still a bit of a work flow bummer, as often I find myself closing the browser and then coming back to swap out samples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrWOTn9VlO8

Return to “Bitwig”