Exponential Audio Nimbus Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: Nimbus

"The upgrade licence for Nimbus is NFR."

Yes, that makes it even worse. The product must be of very high standard to warrant this kind of customer care.

One other thing, I doubt that Phoenix will ever get new features.

I will continue using excalibur to filter and modulate the reverb in phoenix...

billcarroll wrote:Instant purchase. I love my Valhalla and UAD reverbs, and Nimbus just took the top spot. This reverb just melts in and creates space. Beautiful.

I can't can't seem to scroll through presets with my keyboard in Studio One v3 on a Mac. Anyone figure this out yet?
Did you try using shift/opt/cmd in conjunction with the the arrow keys? I think some DAWs require those modifiers to pass through the keystrokes to the plugins.

comfortablynick wrote:
billcarroll wrote:Instant purchase. I love my Valhalla and UAD reverbs, and Nimbus just took the top spot. This reverb just melts in and creates space. Beautiful.

I can't can't seem to scroll through presets with my keyboard in Studio One v3 on a Mac. Anyone figure this out yet?
Did you try using shift/opt/cmd in conjunction with the the arrow keys? I think some DAWs require those modifiers to pass through the keystrokes to the plugins.
I did try some modifier keys, quickly. I can't remember if I tried the shift key. I need to give that a shot again later today. Thanks for the reminder. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

It's a shame this is a hardware ilok only plugin - Downloaded the demo assuming my software iLok would be sufficient but alas no dice...

How does this compare to other similarly priced reverbs currently available (Sparkverb, Eventide's Ultrareverb, the Valhalla range & Reverbical (though the last is a touch cheaper) )

mcbpete wrote: How does this compare to other similarly priced reverbs currently available (Sparkverb, Eventide's Ultrareverb, the Valhalla range & Reverbical (though the last is a touch cheaper) )
In my opinion it's fantastic. By far the best reverb plug in i've heard.

Damnit, don't say that - my wallet is crying. I was hoping the audio demos were just my ears being in a good mood but .... aghh, it's just good isn't it ?!

mcbpete wrote:Damnit, don't say that - my wallet is crying. I was hoping the audio demos were just my ears being in a good mood but .... aghh, it's just good isn't it ?!
It's that good. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

^ I agree, Nimbus is a beautiful verb.
Excalibur was the only Exponential product I own, and I've just purchased the 'upgrade' for $99.

[quote="jezjez"]Going by Michael's response here I wonder if it isn't a techical limitation in their discount system that prevented them from giving PhoenixVerb owners a special upgrade price.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthr ... p=12159441

Either way it is a bit of a slap in the face, as mentioned given that $99 could buy 2 Valhallas, Dune 2 on sale, The Drop or any number of plugins, $99 to upgrade from Phoenix to an NFR Nimbus is out of the question (for me).
If I only had R2 or Excalibur $99 is a great price though and I'd probably jump on it.[/quote]

You nailed it. Previous owners of PV should get a reduced upgrade price since Nimbus is PV plus. Owners of say Excalibur, which is not a reverb, get a good deal at $99 since they add a new effect to their arsenal. But PV owners already paid for PV, then have to pay another $99, with the net result being they only have one reverb plugin (PV is now worthless since it's NFR and inferior to Nimbus, according to the marketing). So clearly EA decided it was easiest for them to bundle the upgrade into one category. And, even after several complaints, they did not change their policy. Not a good move. So I looked into my nascent 2CAudio reverbs and rediscovered B2, and that baby rocks big time! I would have upgraded to Nimbus for $29 since I don't need most of the new functions.

honjr wrote:
jezjez wrote:Going by Michael's response here I wonder if it isn't a techical limitation in their discount system that prevented them from giving PhoenixVerb owners a special upgrade price.

Either way it is a bit of a slap in the face, as mentioned given that $99 could buy 2 Valhallas, Dune 2 on sale, The Drop or any number of plugins, $99 to upgrade from Phoenix to an NFR Nimbus is out of the question (for me).
If I only had R2 or Excalibur $99 is a great price though and I'd probably jump on it.
You nailed it. Previous owners of PV should get a reduced upgrade price since Nimbus is PV plus. Owners of say Excalibur, which is not a reverb, get a good deal at $99 since they add a new effect to their arsenal. But PV owners already paid for PV, then have to pay another $99, with the net result being they only have one reverb plugin (PV is now worthless since it's NFR and inferior to Nimbus, according to the marketing). So clearly EA decided it was easiest for them to bundle the upgrade into one category. And, even after several complaints, they did not change their policy. Not a good move. So I looked into my nascent 2CAudio reverbs and rediscovered B2, and that baby rocks big time! I would have upgraded to Nimbus for $29 since I don't need most of the new functions.
My view exactly, as an owner of (a license for) Phoenix.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
honjr wrote:
jezjez wrote:Going by Michael's response here I wonder if it isn't a techical limitation in their discount system that prevented them from giving PhoenixVerb owners a special upgrade price.

If I only had R2 or Excalibur $99 is a great price though and I'd probably jump on it.

/Joachim
Well, same here. I have PV and R2. Nice products, but this upgrade policy seems a little awkward to me. Not very interested for now.

Wait a little bit for the new Relab one (I think its VSS4-based).

It sounds really great and the beta is very stable already (on windows)

litzblitz wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:
honjr wrote:

/Joachim
Well, same here. I have PV and R2. Nice products, but this upgrade policy seems a little awkward to me. Not very interested for now.
Me too, I'm very disappointed about this - I have all 3 of their other stereo plugins and would have jumped on this if the upgrade had been a reasonable price and also felt the intro price period was ridiculously short. The intro upgrade price was even more than the difference between the price of Phoenix Verb and Nimbus now, after the intro offer.

Shh, you guys shouldn't be talking so loudly <takes a quick nervous look over his shoulder>

I just got kicked off the Exponential Audio mailing list because I didn't purchase the Nimbus upgrade? Yipes! Did anyone else get a similar email? Hopefully, I'm back in now, but I had to go through the motions of signing back up.

Maybe it was an evil :clown: moment?

Anyway... I'm not exactly as they say "rolling in it" and was simply prioritizing what I need more in my toolset at the moment. I currently have all the Lexicon software as well as a couple Lexicon hardware reverbs (I know that doesn't really count), and also a few other different reverb items, all of which seem to be doing a fair job at what they are supposed to do. So, silly me, I thought I would take a pass on the introductory offer now (even though it's a phenomenal deal) and maybe upgrade a bit later even if it means paying a little more. As I said, prioritizing where to best to spend my funds. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's corns.

:help: and please don't hurt me... :pray:

So just a gentle word of warning to you complainers because I wasn't even complaining. Of course, this now probably counts as a complaint. :dog:

Sequent wrote:Shh, you guys shouldn't be talking so loudly <takes a quick nervous look over his shoulder>

I just got kicked off the Exponential Audio mailing list because I didn't purchase the Nimbus upgrade? Yipes! Did anyone else get a similar email? Hopefully, I'm back in now, but I had to go through the motions of signing back up.

Maybe it was an evil :clown: moment?

Anyway... I'm not exactly as they say "rolling in it" and was simply prioritizing what I need more in my toolset at the moment. I currently have all the Lexicon software as well as a couple Lexicon hardware reverbs (I know that doesn't really count), and also a few other different reverb items, all of which seem to be doing a fair job at what they are supposed to do. So, silly me, I thought I would take a pass on the introductory offer now (even though it's a phenomenal deal) and maybe upgrade a bit later even if it means paying a little more. As I said, prioritizing where to best to spend my funds. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's corns.

:help: and please don't hurt me... :pray:

So just a gentle word of warning to you complainers because I wasn't even complaining. Of course, this now probably counts as a complaint. :dog:
Thanks for your warning words :hihi: I´ll keep quiet then and continue to use what I already got. It has been top of the pops a month ago - can´t be that bad now ... Well, at least looks the same to me ... :love:

Return to “Effects”