Novation X-Station - yay or nay?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking into getting one cheap, possibly to replace my M-Audio Venom. Any opinions? it sounds nice and I don't really care that it's a VA :lol:

Sounds great, basicaly its a K-Station synth(great semiweighted keyboard with aftertouch+touch pad) + audio interface + fx unit(2in) + midi controller. It serves me quite nice for the last 10 years, highly recomended.

cheers

I had one a few years ago. Wish I'd kept hold of it ... :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote:I had one a few years ago. Wish I'd kept hold of it ... :tu:
+1... I miss mine regularly. Although I seem to remember communication with my PC could be hit or miss with it. Thought the V-Station software would be adequate to replace it, but it wasn't. :(

i can't vouch for the X-Station, however I've owned both the Nova desktop and the rack Supernova.
Miss them both really… Great 'bread and butter' synths for trance and techno.

BBFG# wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:I had one a few years ago. Wish I'd kept hold of it ... :tu:
+1... I miss mine regularly. Although I seem to remember communication with my PC could be hit or miss with it. Thought the V-Station software would be adequate to replace it, but it wasn't. :(
Recently dug that one out. Ew... let's just say that the latest generation of soft synths has really raised the standards. :D

BBFG# wrote:
+1... I miss mine regularly.
+2. Not only a fun VA, also a killer MIDI controller with a great keybed. I've considered buying another one several times over the past few years.

So, yeah, if you've found a good deal on it, snatch it up. Or, at least post it here so one of us can! :hyper:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

The only issue I had with mine was when using it as a soundcard. Its USB1 and tended to pop and crackle whatever latency settings I used. As a synth and midi controller it's fine.

chk071 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
Recently dug that one out. Ew... let's just say that the latest generation of soft synths has really raised the standards. :D
And yet, every time I see that gui I want to own it :shrug:

Sounds good. Thanks You all, I'm pretty much convinced by now
It's a$300 including a gig bag. I could get it way cheaper on eBay but with postage, packing an stupid Danish custom rules it ends up as 300 bucks anyway (I did the math :-D )
Generally, You have to pick it up whenever it's the as it could take forever before
It's mainly the synth engine I'm interested in as I have plenty of controller options as it is.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
chk071 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
I just wanted to propose to get it for free, but looks like the Musictech DVD content download is not available anymore. It was on a couple of Beat magazine issues too, but that has been more than half a year ago i think. Shame you missed those opportunities. Maybe someone knows more though.

K-Bee wrote:Sounds good. Thanks You all, I'm pretty much convinced by now
It's a$300 including a gig bag. I could get it way cheaper on eBay but with postage, packing an stupid Danish custom rules it ends up as 300 bucks anyway (I did the math :-D )
Which one are you getting? I think my X-Station 25 was about £200 (10 years ago).

chk071 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
chk071 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
I just wanted to propose to get it for free, but looks like the Musictech DVD content download is not available anymore. It was on a couple of Beat magazine issues too, but that has been more than half a year ago i think. Shame you missed those opportunities. Maybe someone knows more though.
I recall it being on some mag-ware fairly recently, but am at a loss as to which one, sorry. I love its sound, personally. This is the best deal I've seen for it, retail.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/products/ ... oCTQTw_wcB
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

BBFG# wrote:Thought the V-Station software would be adequate to replace it, but it wasn't. :(
Still wish that they will update the synth with a better sounding version, supposed to be so easy. Really want to have a proper engine of the hardware as a VST.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

thecontrolcentre wrote:
K-Bee wrote:Sounds good. Thanks You all, I'm pretty much convinced by now
Which one are you getting? I think my X-Station 25 was about £200 (10 years ago).
No it's the 49 :-)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”