KONTAKT GUI Maker in development [RELEASED]

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt Kontakt GUI Maker

rigidaudio wrote:
bungle wrote:Personally i would like the browser based entirely on folder structure, so that for instance i could create a folder for 'Instrument 1' this would contain all the imagery and so on for that particular project, then i would create a new folder for 'Instrument 2' and so on on.
I would also very much like the ability to be able to remove the native content entirely, i have no interest in using anything designed by somebody else (In terms of UI imagery that is)
These two things would be a big step forward, because the first one allows you to basically not need the search ever, you just open the browser at the folder for the particular project you are working on, all assets are in that folder, the second one just removes a bunch of stuff from the browser that will never get used.

The browser and content management of later versions of this will be a big selling point i think.
That´s an excellent suggestion! Noted.
Currently the library folder doesn´t take folders into account, but yes, i agree - that could be essential.
Thanks for this one!

EDIT: You can simply erase the included PNG files and elements, if you want to use only your own ones.
Well, I'm glad this came up, as I had assumed that it was a folder/sub-folder structure in the browser that made it easy to go directly to ones project specific 'assets' quickly. OR "browse" through essentially 'bulk/style/variations' asset folders, likewise. :tu:

p.s. I really appreciate the 'grid' (drafting background, here) and that it features:
(adjustable X and Y coordinates, adjustable brightness). I hope that includes being able to control the flare/spotlight (brightness) effect. I also really dig the placement/alignment 'cross-hairs'. 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
rigidaudio wrote:
bungle wrote:Personally i would like the browser based entirely on folder structure, so that for instance i could create a folder for 'Instrument 1' this would contain all the imagery and so on for that particular project, then i would create a new folder for 'Instrument 2' and so on on.
I would also very much like the ability to be able to remove the native content entirely, i have no interest in using anything designed by somebody else (In terms of UI imagery that is)
These two things would be a big step forward, because the first one allows you to basically not need the search ever, you just open the browser at the folder for the particular project you are working on, all assets are in that folder, the second one just removes a bunch of stuff from the browser that will never get used.

The browser and content management of later versions of this will be a big selling point i think.
That´s an excellent suggestion! Noted.
Currently the library folder doesn´t take folders into account, but yes, i agree - that could be essential.
Thanks for this one!

EDIT: You can simply erase the included PNG files and elements, if you want to use only your own ones.
Well, I'm glad this came up, as I had assumed that it was a folder/sub-folder structure in the browser that made it easy to go directly to ones project specific 'assets' quickly. OR "browse" through essentially 'bulk/style/variations' asset folders, likewise. :tu:

p.s. I really appreciate the 'grid' (drafting background, here) and that it features:
(adjustable X and Y coordinates, adjustable brightness). I hope that includes being able to control the flare/spotlight (brightness) effect. I also really dig the placement/alignment 'cross-hairs'. 8)
Currently it just scans the "library" folder for PNG and corresponding TXT files.

flare/spotlight brightness effect? :) You can adjust the grid alpha and the (let´s call it brightness) -> ranging from 0 (black) to 100 (white).

The KGM preferences menu is nearly done. From here you can set up various things as for example adjusting the visible grid and more :)

Will the next beta have the save feature? I'd like to be able to use it as soon as possible.

SampleScience wrote:Will the next beta have the save feature? I'd like to be able to use it as soon as possible.
What save feature?

rigidaudio wrote:
SampleScience wrote:Will the next beta have the save feature? I'd like to be able to use it as soon as possible.
What save feature?
Well, to save the generated script with the GUI controls. :)

SampleScience wrote:
rigidaudio wrote:
What save feature?
Well, to save the generated script with the GUI controls. :)
It already does that! :)

rigidaudio wrote:Image

The KGM preferences menu is nearly done. From here you can set up various things as for example adjusting the visible grid and more :)
Cool! Thank you. re: the "flare/spotlight brightness effect". It was a large bright spot behind the knobs/elements, in a previous screen-grab, which I found distracting. Being able to adjust the grid resolution is sooo necessary (IMO) for/with those who spend countless hours using it. I love pretty-much any app, that has the positioning/placement/precision function of 'cross-hairs'. :tu:

... carry on.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:

Cool! Thank you. re: the "flare/spotlight brightness effect". It was a large bright spot behind the knobs/elements, in a previous screen-grab, which I found distracting. Being able to adjust the grid resolution is sooo necessary (IMO) for/with those who spend countless hours using it. I love pretty-much any app, that has the positioning/placement/precision function of 'cross-hairs'. :tu:

... carry on.
Ah, i think i know, what you mean. That was the demonstrational background (wallpaper) :tu:

New features in KGM v0.93:
- added: Background wallpaper change via Drag and drop.
NOTE: The new background PNG file will be copied to your "project\pictures" folder and renamed to wallpaper.png".

- added: New label subtype "Screw".
PNG files with these lines "Type: label" and "Screw Background: 1" (1=light background, 2=dark background) will auto-generate an ui label item with an randomly autorotated graphic of a screw when dragged from the library.

Ah, man...THIS is 'xactly what my GUI was going to look like, finished. :wink:

Shabdahbriah wrote:Ah, man...THIS is 'xactly what my GUI was going to look like, finished. :wink:
:D Of course, that´s just a demonstrational "GUI".

Some new options have been added to the preferences menu. In one of the next updates, you will also be able to "bake" label elements directly into the wallpaper. :tu:

Looking better and better. Really nice job man. :tu: I admire the skills.

What are you writing that in ... C++? I assume it's cross platform.

This is what I love about software development in general, where a clever guy like you sees a hole and fills it. :tu:

LawrenceF wrote:Looking better and better. Really nice job man. :tu: I admire the skills.

What are you writing that in ... C++? I assume it's cross platform.

This is what I love about software development in general, where a clever guy like you sees a hole and fills it. :tu:
Thanks! :hug:

Sort of, the language used by the IDE is C++ - yes. Oh, uhm... i don´t want to tell what software i am using :oops: :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”