Rob Papen Predator 2 will coming on 25 November :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Predator 3

AnX wrote:Announced in Feb.... released... whenever. Why do companies do this? :roll:
Because its better to release a good, finished product, than to release a bad, buggy, incomplete product just to hit a deadline. See: most video games from large game studios ("release now, patch later")

There is also a deal on free upgrade to eXplorer IV for anybody buying eXplorer III from July 1st, 2016.

So instead of buying Predator 1 to get a good deal on upgrade to Predator 2, for those already owning one or more RP products, buying the eXplorer III bundle is better value overall, as eXplorer IV will include Predator 2 and also RP Verb 2

http://www.robpapen.com/eXplorer4.html
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

djshire wrote:
AnX wrote:Announced in Feb.... released... whenever. Why do companies do this? :roll:
Because its better to release a good, finished product, than to release a bad, buggy, incomplete product just to hit a deadline. See: most video games from large game studios ("release now, patch later")
To be fair though, "release now" is what most of the kids want these days. "Uuh... you teased so hard... now don't make me wait another week... :(:(:(". Otherwise i'm fully with you, it's much better to release something complete than to rush things out. Especially when you can afford the luxury to release when it is really done.

4damind wrote:Ok end of October. There's no rush, Predator 1 is still working ;)
Yes, the same here. I even didn't finish listening to all the presets in v1. Currently playing with Jomal's banks. Wow! What wonderful presets they are! Very inspiring :)

Numanoid wrote:There is also a deal on free upgrade to eXplorer IV for anybody buying eXplorer III from July 1st, 2016.

So instead of buying Predator 1 to get a good deal on upgrade to Predator 2, for those already owning one or more RP products, buying the eXplorer III bundle is better value overall, as eXplorer IV will include Predator 2 and also RP Verb 2

http://www.robpapen.com/eXplorer4.html
When did Verb 2 come out?

It's not out yet. He's just saying that RP Verb is another plugin in the bundle that will get an update soon.

Don't I wish the next update was giving Blue2 the option for a larger GUI - like Predator. I love Blue2, but I am definitely one of those who will more likely use plugins that are big and pleasing to look at - Spectral being a prime example, or any of u-he's.

End of October approaching fast.

Will P2 be out, or do we get a new video about it being delayed to November ?

I watched this morning a video for the Beta Tester Team for Predator 2.
I can't tell the big amount of new features but it really take Predator to another level.
There are a lot of features inside P2 already available in Blue 2 but also new stuff.

Due of sad circumstances at the developer side, the beta test time start one week later. I think we will see Predator 2 in live end of November or December.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Oh, sorry to hear someone's sad :? They should take all the time they need...

MillerSam wrote: Due of sad circumstances at the developer side, the beta test time start one week later.
Sorry to hear, i hope it's nothing too severe. :?

Jon Ayres mother passed away last Tuesday, so instead of the end of this month it will be in November.

(Official statement from Rob on FB)

Newsletter statement:
Predator 2 News

This week we have had some very sad news from Jon Ayres, who most of you guys know is my partner in all the Rob Papen products. His mother passed away this Tuesday. :(
The thoughts of all the people who know him personally are with him and his family.

This has of course influence on the release date of Predator 2 and the eXplorer4 bundle. Instead of the end of this month, it will be in November.
Thank you for understanding.

my deepest condolences to Jon and his family

Yes, just received that newsletter too, read about his colleague's mom yesterday in the other thread :?

Let's see if the link to the new osc section works :)

Return to “Instruments”