best Graphic GUI EQ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The best graphic EQ GUI is Pro-Q2 for me, though I think the new Surfer EQ2 is quite beautiful (but dongles? no thanks).

Neither are low priced but in my opinion a top-of-the-line EQ is more essential than just about any other plugin investment. I spent awhile meandering with a bunch of low/mid-priced EQs, including several mentioned above, and I could have saved money if I had just sprung for Pro-Q2 in the first place - because Pro-Q2 replaced them all in an instant.

Synthetic Wav wrote:pro Q ,Mequalizer , air eq, equilibrium, nova is good too but i m not sure it can be resized it s quite small
You obviously didn't read his first post.

GrabtharsHammer wrote:Here in Germany we use to say "Who buys cheap, buys twice.".

FabFilter Pro-Q 2's GUI is amazing.
But even in Germany, there are lots of people who can't afford top of the line products.

ProQ and Equilibrium are great, no doubt they're a life saver for professionals, but for the rest of us, TB EQ or Melda do the job perfectly. As an amateur, I don't really feel the need for another EQ for now. Also, some DAWs integrated EQ are really good, like the one in Logic.
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I would recommend a look at the Sell & Buy forum here at KVR. Always lots of good bargains.

My personal 2nd favourite EQ would be PSPs Neon HR. It has a very good GUI and lots of cool features - especially the frequency/overtone hunting function can be a life saver. I have used it quite a lot but recently replaced it with Pro-Q2 in all my projects, so now I'm selling my Neon HR license on ebay. If anyone is interested... ;-)

Algorithmix PEQ definitely

Bouroki wrote:Algorithmix PEQ definitely
A thousand Euros, lol

GrabtharsHammer wrote:Here in Germany we use to say "Who buys cheap, buys twice.".

Just for the record: we don't. (except maybe in Bünde, whereever that may be)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Bouroki wrote:Algorithmix PEQ definitely
A thousand Euros, lol

Last updated: 26.11.2009
I guess for 999€ you can't expect a 64bit version...

I also like the super-creative use of "definitely" here...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Well I supposed if people were bringing up DMG Equilibrium and Pro-Q when the OP specifically asked for CHEAP... I thought might as well :p

Fabfilter might be way to go if they have a sale

Bouroki wrote:Well I supposed if people were bringing up DMG Equilibrium and Pro-Q when the OP specifically asked for CHEAP... I thought might as well :p
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Fab Filter Pro Q 2
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

The author of this less and less useful thread should change its title, because we're getting way too many useless answers.

Bouroki wrote:Well I supposed if people were bringing up DMG Equilibrium and Pro-Q when the OP specifically asked for CHEAP... I thought might as well :p
Indeed, but I 'fixed' my first recommendation (Pro-Q 2) with my second (PrimeEQ).

And still, after you buy one of the big boys, you'll hardly think of buying an eq again.

Stock Cubase's and PT's ones are OK.
Try Melda one.

Return to “Effects”