New Slate fx !!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-Stress Compressor Repeater Repeater (Slate Digital Edition) Verbsuite Classics

Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

So the delay is more or less D16 Sigmund with a new skin* and the reverb is LiquidSonics Reverberate in a new skin ? :D (2 excellent plugins btw, no doubt about the sound quality of the Slate versions)
Are they available only in the subscription bundle maybe ?

At least, Steven Slate is honest about the origin of the plugins. :)

Nod to Fabrice Gabriel, who is one of the best in the industry.

edit: as some commented, this delay is a new product and not a revamped Sigmund
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Subscription only? What a relief. Usually I'm tempted to buy every new delay, but with subscription pricing I can now confidently ignore their products forever.

Richard deHove wrote:Subscription only? What a relief. Usually I'm tempted to buy every new delay, but with subscription pricing I can now confidently ignore their products forever.
Cool down, the Slate plugins are available for buying as well. As for the reverb and delay, we don't know yet, but the equivalent plugins are available for buying at D16 and LiquidSonics.

So right now the subscription can be seen as a good way of testing Slate products.
Hopefully, it will stay like that in the future, instead of going fully subscription like Adobe.

As long as it has the same "warmth," "fatness," "sizzle," and "width" of the originals I'm in. You can really hear the "nonlinearities."

Subscription to Everything Bundle went down to $14.99. Resist that...

Wow! Slate is really killing the competition right now.
My usual concerns about some of the VMR plugins sounding a little brittle aren't apparent on the Distressor emulation. The A/B was pretty convincing:)
The delay and verb sound pretty damn good as well.
BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT!!!!!!!!!! FGX update PLEASE!

I am really looking forward to the distressor.

I've been subbed for the last year or so (or however long they've been doing it) and i have nothing but praise for this deal. I started it as a punt, just to see what the plugins were like. I had very few 'character' plugins to call on.

So far the quality of the plugins has been very good. They're all specific and do one job, and generally they do it very well.

I was concerned that his promise of adding new stuff would amount to little more than versions of what we already had and/or sporadic releases, but so far he has lived up to the promise of adding very good quality plugs to the bundle.

And now it's cheaper than it was to start with!!

He recognises that the subscription model needs to be at least as cheap as buying the plugins, if not a lot cheaper.

like many plugins, judging just from the video the transients don't pok like the distressor so probably "just" a decent emu. one of the few plugins that can have transients that punch like this is the mh mio comp
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Slate's new website is horrible. Style over usability.

db3 wrote:Slate's new website is horrible. Style over usability.
Boy, are you right. Good Lord, that is awful....
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

db3 wrote:Slate's new website is horrible. Style over usability.
I had to overt my gaze when that 'Slate' logo started spinning. Then the page layout seemed so awkward :(

The delay looks sweet, but I ain't renting :uhuhuh:

Synthetic Wav wrote:like many plugins, judging just from the video the transients don't pok like the distressor so probably "just" a decent emu. one of the few plugins that can have transients that punch like this is the mh mio comp
I dont want to question your hearing but up on the mains that transient response is as close as it gets. I personally felt the release time was a little off, with the hardware just bringing the tails out a little more.

But it is a video on youtube so who knows...

Return to “Effects”