Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Tip: The interval of five steps - in german I guess "Quinte" - is commonly called a "fifth" in english. Same thing with all the musical intervals really, the third, the seventh, with the exception of the octave and prime.
damn you are right of course. Will remember that for the upcoming videos. Its difficult to use the synth, think in german and talk in english simultaneously :D

I'm sure we're all very impressed with this synth. I know I am. Wow! However, I am also sure that we will be equally impressed, or maybe overwhelmed, with the price tag which is sure to be between $299 and $399 at minimum. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing topped $500. So I'm not sure I want to shell out that kind of cash no matter how amazing this thing may be. So this will either be for serious music producers or those who have money to burn. Those of us who look at buying a synth as a night on the town may not be so quick to pull the trigger on this one.

So I'll be the first one to come out and say that this one just may be out of my price range.

YM(oney)MV

wagtunes wrote:I'm sure we're all very impressed with this synth. I know I am. Wow! However, I am also sure that we will be equally impressed, or maybe overwhelmed, with the price tag which is sure to be between $299 and $399 at minimum. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing topped $500.
msvs wrote: we are still discussing about the price, but there is a very good chance it will be below 199€
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I think they know that when they price Avenger reasonable it will be a hit. One of the problems with Phalanx is the price. I paid it reluctantly. Now it's one of my most used sampler plugins.
Last edited by kiezum on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The original price may well be below €199 which is great .... but then factor in the gazillion preset banks that will undoubtedly be released in a steady stream and I'm going to have to re-mortgage the house :lol:

recursive one wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I'm sure we're all very impressed with this synth. I know I am. Wow! However, I am also sure that we will be equally impressed, or maybe overwhelmed, with the price tag which is sure to be between $299 and $399 at minimum. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing topped $500.
msvs wrote: we are still discussing about the price, but there is a very good chance it will be below 199€
199 Euro is still $222. It would still be my 2nd most expensive synth purchase just behind Falcon.

However, having said that, if this sells for even that little, it will be the steal of the year hands down.

EXS24 format import would be great!

for msvs:
I maybe don't understand it or missed something, but in video FFT Spectrum Filter, when you change from saw to another wave, harmonics have same positions, and are not changed to wave, why? I expected when wave is changed, harmonics graph will be changed to the wave harmonics.

You're tweaking/drawing the filter harmonics that will be applied to the sound, rather than drawing the harmonics of the wave itself

most simple example: lets assume you use the FFT to isolate just 1 harmonic band, maybe the clean 3rd octave sine wave. After that you change the source wave from saw to square, its still the 3rd octave sine wave you are hearing, but its the 3rd octave wave of the square now, (the source wave must contain this frequency). So only the volume would change to the level, the 3rd octave sine is contained in this new source wave. Another example: if you switch to a white Noise as source wave, the 3rd octave sine is still there, but will be instable in volume, since the noise is always cycling. (sounds cool with noise by the way... like a whistling-sonar like sound, a pity I forgot to show in the video)

Stupid question (but we never know given there have been precedents): will there be a demo ?

mcbpete wrote:You're tweaking/drawing the filter harmonics that will be applied to the sound, rather than drawing the harmonics of the wave itself
msvs wrote:most simple example: lets assume you use the FFT to isolate just 1 harmonic band, maybe the clean 3rd octave sine wave. After that you change the source wave from saw to square, its still the 3rd octave sine wave you are hearing, but its the 3rd octave wave of the square now, (the source wave must contain this frequency). So only the volume would change to the level, the 3rd octave sine is contained in this new source wave. Another example: if you switch to a white Noise as source wave, the 3rd octave sine is still there, but will be instable in volume, since the noise is always cycling. (sounds cool with noise by the way... like a whistling-sonar like sound, a pity I forgot to show in the video)
Thanks you both for explanation. Is there possible create wave with harmonics instead change harmonic filter?

lolilol1975 wrote:Stupid question (but we never know given there have been precedents): will there be a demo ?
He said there would be.

OK thx. Although it's pretty clear now that this synth is no joke.

hanks you both for explanation. Is there possible create wave with harmonics instead change harmonic filter?
yes, you just have to use an "even" waveform. An waveform which has in every frequency the same volume. Then you can start to work additive. I have created such waveforms in the FactoryLibrary exactly for this purpose.

Return to “Instruments”