Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

This is true. Sprung MWs are such a stupid idea!
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Elektronisch wrote:I have a question, is it a bug or is it intended to make that when playing in poly mode secondary keys do not hold release if you release the key?
If you're going from one chord to another before the release has completed, then there's the potential for key stealing in a polyphonic synth. Since there's only four voices, if you go from a 3 note chord to another 3 note chord, or 4 to 4, or 2 to 4, the synth can only play four voices at once. So some of the releases will have be to be cut. It's called note stealing and it's normal for poly.

If that's not the case, then that would seem to be a bug - but I don't know what you're doing exactly.

ImNotDedYet wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:I have a question, is it a bug or is it intended to make that when playing in poly mode secondary keys do not hold release if you release the key?
If you're going from one chord to another before the release has completed, then there's the potential for key stealing in a polyphonic synth. Since there's only four voices, if you go from a 3 note chord to another 3 note chord, or 4 to 4, or 2 to 4, the synth can only play four voices at once. So some of the releases will have be to be cut. It's called note stealing and it's normal for poly.

If that's not the case, then that would seem to be a bug - but I don't know what you're doing exactly.
Besides possible "note stealing" that could happen with 4 voices, depending on the release time, it is also recommended to use the "Last" note priority mode (available from the back panel. Most polyphonic presets seem to use this mode.
In most case (poly and mono) last not priority is the most useful anyway.

FWIW the Legato is automatically off when using the Poly mode.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
ImNotDedYet wrote:

Besides possible "note stealing" that could happen with 4 voices, depending on the release time, it is also recommended to use the "Last" note priority mode (available from the back panel. Most polyphonic presets seem to use this mode.
In most case (poly and mono) last not priority is the most useful anyway.

FWIW the Legato is automatically off when using the Poly mode.
Actually i dont even play a chord, just 1 note and while holding it i play another and if i release it it sudently cuts off itself.

Elektronisch wrote:[

Actually i dont even play a chord, just 1 note and while holding it i play another and if i release it it sudently cuts off itself.
Could you give an example of a factory preset that i could check?

Especially with Mono and Unison patches i could get VERY long release times of several seconds (could be up to 30 seconds or more depending on the amp envelope release time) and this still works when playing fast notes and then releasing the keys.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:[

Could you give an example of a factory preset that i could check?

Especially with Mono and Unison patches i could get VERY long release times of several seconds (could be up to 30 seconds or more depending on the amp envelope release time) and this still works when playing fast notes and then releasing the keys.
Sorry my fault at fidling with settings, it works alright, again sorry for confusing :D

cytospur wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Well, my suggestion would be to add a switch (near to the MW fader in the GUI)
It should be on the back panel under Modulation. Plenty of Room, just move the Shape settings over and down a bit. You could have a small red light over the MW Slider showing whether it's active or not. :wink:
There's plenty of space on the front panel for a small switch. Personally, I'd have a reset to original position button and keep the full range of the mod wheel functionality available at all times.
More room on the back panel. :wink: Plus I personally think the switch would be better on the back (I don't think it's something you'll be turning on and off a great deal, probably just leave as set by the patch designer). :)

Anyway it's certainly not the most important feature request for The Legend. I'd have to vote for Aftertouch and Midi Learn first........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

what is the copy protection for The Legend?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:what is the copy protection for The Legend?
Online activation up to two computers.
I hope there is a way for deactivate an old computer and move the license to a new one like NI.
I'm very surprised about the route Richard took about this one.
Hopefully is not going to do the same for the next Dune. :(
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

so its C/R then?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Richard wrote: The Legend uses a one-time activation when started for the first time. This happens via an external app and is easiest done online (single click). This will activate the license in the service area. The reason is to prevent abuse, i.e. many people using the same serial. Note that the plugin itself never connects to the internet, so huge projects with many instances work just like with all our previous plugins.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Richard wrote: The Legend uses a one-time activation when started for the first time. This happens via an external app and is easiest done online (single click). This will activate the license in the service area. The reason is to prevent abuse, i.e. many people using the same serial. Note that the plugin itself never connects to the internet, so huge projects with many instances work just like with all our previous plugins.
And (from the manual)
"You may activate The Legend on two computers simultaneously, provided you are the only user of those computers (for multiple users, multiple licenses need to be purchased)."

Two computers.

Seems fair enough. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote:Seems fair enough. :shrug:
Do you know if a deactivate feature is into planning at Synapse?

So it is C/R. :neutral: Passing on this then. If Dune 2's copy protection ends up going that way, I'll be sticking to the current version.
You are currently reading my signature.

Return to “Instruments”