Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
bharris22 wrote:Anyone able to get the $29 deal for Waves Center? I still see it listed at $149 at JRR . . . .
that was a one day special on the 28th
Damn Sam! I should learn to review the bargains thread every few minutes :).

If anyone bought Waves Center, didn't like it, and would like to sell it at the $29 price, please PM me!

I'm quite sure the "Terms & Conditions" you found refers to the materials that form the web-site (images, text, video, demo songs, samples etc.)
They actually refer to the www.theproducerschoice.com website as a whole, so if it were to refer to bought sample packs then you couldn't use any of their stuff. Which seems stupid, so I don't believe that's their intention.

jjj115 wrote:I'm no expert in terms and conditions terminology but it does look to me like they cleverly found a way to get thousands of people to send them a $1 for a lot of (albeit decent) sounds that can only be used as demos. I notice the same terms and conditions option doesn't appear on the main website that sell them for full price.

MrFurious wrote:I'm quite sure the "Terms & Conditions" you found refers to the materials that form the web-site (images, text, video, demo songs, samples etc.)
They actually refer to the http://www.theproducerschoice.com website as a whole,
without doubt - not least because it's headed "WEB SITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE" and it talks of "transitory viewing only"

So this guy bigging up PC at the site, did he use the samples in his productions and thus made a copyright infringement?
"The Producers Choice is definitely one of my go to sites for production sounds now. Sonically, ALL their sounds have so much depth!"

Grammy Award Winning Producer S1
Producer for Kanye West ("Power"), Jay Z ("Murder to Excellence"), Beyonce ("Best Thing I Never Had"), 50 Cent ("My Life")
I mean, if he did, why would PC put that as an ad on their page?

MrFurious wrote:I'm quite sure the "Terms & Conditions" you found refers to the materials that form the web-site (images, text, video, demo songs, samples etc.)
They actually refer to the http://www.theproducerschoice.com website as a whole, so if it were to refer to bought sample packs then you couldn't use any of their stuff. Which seems stupid, so I don't believe that's their intention.

jjj115 wrote:I'm no expert in terms and conditions terminology but it does look to me like they cleverly found a way to get thousands of people to send them a $1 for a lot of (albeit decent) sounds that can only be used as demos. I notice the same terms and conditions option doesn't appear on the main website that sell them for full price.
Of course jjj115 is completely wrong.

From their FAQ:

"ARE THESE SOUNDS 'ROYALTY FREE'

Yes, you are free to use all our samples however you wish - with no royalty fees due, ever!"

Didn't thought someone would need this explanation but okay.. :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Fair enough, wrong I am :dog:

jjj115 wrote:Fair enough, wrong I am :dog:
Don't worry jj115! Could be worse! Kudos that you admit a mistake! :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote:
jjj115 wrote:Fair enough, wrong I am :dog:
Don't worry jj115! Could be worse! Kudos that you admit a mistake! :tu:
+1 Anybody could have made such a mistake, reading the terms and conditions of any vendor is confusing at best

Everythings are fine and everyone here coool!
:)

:hug:

nicksohn wrote:Everythings are fine and everyone here coool!
:)
Let's rejoice in the moment of tranquility :)

Storms will arrive again in the future, c'est la vie. And if not, it would be rather boring wouldn't it :wink:

bharris22 wrote:Anyone able to get the $29 deal for Waves Center? I still see it listed at $149 at JRR . . . .
The sale ended but we've got a few left over for $29.

I wonder why people that post for any reason do not provide a link to what ever is being offered. It is better for one person to go to the trouble of find the link and provide it than to have 100 people googling to find it.

It make sense and it is good manners to do so.

Thanks you to all and for that matter most that provide a link.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

October, off to a slow start!
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

I guess it doesn't help that the 1st is on a Saturday - let's hope monday brings some decent offers.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”