New Slate fx !!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-Stress Compressor Repeater Repeater (Slate Digital Edition) Verbsuite Classics

Fleer wrote:Wonder whether these fit into the VMR rack or stay outside.
To what I understand:

- "Stress" (the Distressor, formerly called Swiss and announced to be released in Summer) is a VMR module
- Repeater is a standalone (individual plugin) delay
- VerbSuite Classics is a standalone (individual plugin) reverb

I'm surprised that Slate barely did do anything about the recent VMS "Classic Tubes Bundle" release... in fact, VMS isn't even listed on the current page (which is indeed confusing and "fancy"). At least the page works on tablets, though really slow (on a QuadCore DroidOS 4.4.x tablet!)...
Last edited by Compyfox on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
jens wrote:
kelvyn wrote:Wow! Slate is really killing the competition right now.
!

:hihi: :lol: :hihi:

In your dreams fanboi, in your dreams alone.
Actually, not "fanboy-ism" at all here, jens.

Slate currently offers 25+ (or is it 30+ now?) plugins in this bundle, and some of them are from third parties (Scuffham, RELAB, now a collab with D16 and LiquidSonics) that cost about 200-400bucks each themselves.

Compared to what the competition has to offer, that is(!) a frigging steal. You don't pay 30-50 or even 100bucks a month and only get re-hashed/screen-size wasting tools (looking at you, Waves!), or just one host for like 1,5 years, neither does the usability end the day you stop the subscription (AXIS Plugins)... There are quality modules among the bunch, and some misses, with 2-4 new modules or company collaborations as add-on per year...

But in general... 15USD... that's absolutely killer and under-bids the subscription model competition left and right (definitely aims at budget musicians/studios). So there is currently a lot(!) of movement in that section - which is a good thing since "subscription" seems to be all the rage lately.

Now if only Slate would start a "we collect your funds, and after a while you can use up that amount for any plugin you like" system like Xfer Records currently does with the rent-to-own model...
The $15 doesn't get you Relab. You have to go $25 a month to get the Relab verb.

ImNotDedYet wrote:The $15 doesn't get you Relab. You have to go $25 a month to get the Relab verb.
I think the game has changed, the RELAB Reverb isn't even listed on the new page anymore. And it's not clear off hand (without logging in/singing up) if the RELAB reverb is still part of the deal (Scuffham still is, and now we have more/different collaborations as well!).

Dunno how it is via Gobbler - haven't logged in in quite a while to be honest...

Either way - still a heavy price drop from 250USD/year down to 179USD/year (or 15USD/month for one year bar minimum!), with a "month-to-month" fee of 25USD. Looks like there was a huge wave of feedback that caused this move.

The devil is in the details - always.

Is it "more fair", that lies within the eye of the beholder...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

The Relab "bundle" will no longer be available to purchase but can be continued by those that already have it.

Fleer wrote:Wonder whether these fit into the VMR rack or stay outside.
The Distressor will be in the rack, the others standalone plugs. You can basically tell by anything that looks like a 500-series format piece of hardware will be something in the rack.

I know now what I don't like Slate stuff: Steven marketing style. Sorry to say it but now it reminds me of Trump "the greatest, tallest, longest, warmest, etc. plug in EVER" . I know Steven is a nice guy, just the marketing style gets on my nerves.

Repeater looks cool and I would like to demo the distressor. Anyone knows how much they cost individually?
dedication to flying

Can't find the Slate shop anywhere it's all click hear for the bundle.

Jax Pok wrote:Can't find the Slate shop anywhere it's all click hear for the bundle.
Yeah... I was wondering about that to. :?
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Click our plugins, on an older plugin scroll to the bottom, the buy plugin option is hidden there :lol:
Last edited by Jax Pok on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jax Pok wrote:Click our plugins and on an older plugin and scroll to the bottom, the buy plugin option is hidden there :lol:
Very well hidden... :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

But do you think they are trying to get you to sign up for the subscription?

Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this! Lets do this!

I looked where previous post stated but I can't find how to purchase individual Slate plugins any more. I had hoped to get the Slate VTM someday but perhaps not. The stressor sounds very good, not 100% null exact, but does that really matter? I would like to hear it on some other examples, but doesnt matter if its only subscription.

don1thedon wrote:The Relab "bundle" will no longer be available to purchase but can be continued by those that already have it.
Dunno where you read that - but I guess that counts to "devil is in the details"

DrReacto wrote:I looked where previous post stated but I can't find how to purchase individual Slate plugins any more. I had hoped to get the Slate VTM someday but perhaps not. The stressor sounds very good, not 100% null exact, but does that really matter? I would like to hear it on some other examples, but doesnt matter if its only subscription.
New ones are not available to buy yet, when they are scroll to the bottom of their page for the buy options.

Slate is literally shitting on the competition now this is obvious! I've already got the relab verb with the everything bundle, but really interested in the next reverb and the distressor is been long awaited here! Thanks Slate

UA you might wanna go Native now.. lmao
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Return to “Effects”