Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Yep basically that's the concept behind 'additive synthesis' - you draw/tweak harmonics of that waveform

Are there differences between implementing the additive synthesis in Oscillator's level or filter's level? I'm trying to know what the advantages of the filter's additives over the Oscillator's? Can it be the same?

wagtunes wrote:199 Euro is still $222. It would still be my 2nd most expensive synth purchase just behind Falcon. However, having said that, if this sells for even that little, it will be the steal of the year hands down.
You are my favoritist person on KVR :wheee:

thejonsolo wrote:
wagtunes wrote:199 Euro is still $222. It would still be my 2nd most expensive synth purchase just behind Falcon. However, having said that, if this sells for even that little, it will be the steal of the year hands down.
Well, um, thanks. LMAO.

wagtunes wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:
Well, um, thanks. LMAO.
+1
@wagtunes presence rarely leads to boring threads.

nordickvr wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:
Well, um, thanks. LMAO.
+1
@wagtunes presence rarely leads to boring threads.
Unfortunately, that's not necessarily a good thing. :help:

Are there differences between implementing the additive synthesis in Oscillator's level or filter's level? I'm trying to know what the advantages of the filter's additives over the Oscillator's? Can it be the same?
I dont know if I understood your question, but these are 2 totally different things. A normal Filter is not able to filter out only specific harmonics in the middle of a signal. Furthermore it (the FFT) follows your keyrange. And if you use the FFT like a HP/LP, the advantage is, that you have a steepness of infinite / 90degree, where most filters are quitting at 24dB/oct

msvs wrote:
I dont know if I understood your question, but these are 2 totally different things. A normal Filter is not able to filter out only specific harmonics in the middle of a signal. Furthermore it (the FFT) follows your keyrange. And if you use the FFT like a HP/LP, the advantage is, that you have a steepness of infinite / 90degree, where most filters are quitting at 24dB/oct
Oh! I understand (something) now. It has many detailed controls over the frequency.

Thank you for your reply :) The FFT filter is something new for me. I need to read and understand well then :tu:

EnGee... there might be something you've missed with sound in general. 12 years in and i only learned this early in the year. There are only sine waves, for example, a square wave is lots of sine waves mathematically related to make the combined wave form a square. FFT makes a lot more sense when knowing this.

There's a nice lil animation on this page... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_wave

The FFT gives you direct control over the individual harmonics that would make up the waveform.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote:EnGee... there might be something you've missed with sound in general. 12 years in and i only learned this early in the year. There are only sine waves, for example, a square wave is lots of sine waves mathematically related to make the combined wave form a square. FFT makes a lot more sense when knowing this.

There's a nice lil animation on this page... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_wave

The FFT gives you direct control over the individual harmonics that would make up the waveform.
I guess what you mean is additive synthesis while we were discussing a FFT spectrum filter here which is a bit different

The FFT spectrum filter allows to remove certain additive partials from any waveform while with additive synhesis you build the waveform from scratch using multiple partials (= Sine wave at different harmonics).

The big difference is that with additive synthesis you are adding partials/harmonics while with a FFT spectrum filter you remove them (or increase/decrease the amplitude of them).
Partials/harmonics not included in the waveform could not be added by the FFT filter.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Is it working similar like the Virsyn filters which can be drawed too? I love those sounds they can produce. I didn't find that in any other synths yet.
And could we morph filters too?

A YouTube tutorial video about the FFT spectrum filter was alraedy posted at this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9sVDopQO4k

As i just mentioned a FFT spectrum filter could only remove partials/harmonics from a waveform (or increase/decrease the amplitude of them), not add them.
To add specific partials/harmonics you would need an additive waveform editor.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thank you guys.

Yes, I understand now. I also had a good read about it :)

Any plans for granular synthesis in this beast?

so the beta has started right? looking forward to some hands-on opinions :party: or even user created examples of extraordinary sound design skills :tu:

Return to “Instruments”