Goodhertz Can Opener vs 112db Reline Monitor.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone with some in-use opinions between between these two? Looking for something to add headphone crossfeed after Sonarworks Headphone calibration.

Note: Waves NX is a no-go for me due to 1 license / comp.

Have not used Can Opener, but I do have a copy of Redline Monitor. Can't seem to make it work very well (not much sense of "space"), so in the end I also bought TB Isone, which I think works a hell of a lot better than the Redline. Good for travel, but of course will never replace a set of monitors.

Nightpolymath wrote:Have not used Can Opener, but I do have a copy of Redline Monitor. Can't seem to make it work very well (not much sense of "space"), so in the end I also bought TB Isone, which I think works a hell of a lot better than the Redline. Good for travel, but of course will never replace a set of monitors.
Are you referring to the version currently on the TB webshop? From my understanding there are at least a couple versions of Isone. Different GUIs in the least, not sure about the tech under the hood.

Cheers for the reply. :tu:

phaded wrote: Are you referring to the version currently on the TB webshop? From my understanding there are at least a couple versions of Isone. Different GUIs in the least, not sure about the tech under the hood...
Yeah, it's from Toneboosters. There currently is only Isone, but they had a previous version called Isone Pro.

I think there's a demo for Isone, so you should be able to try it.

My fave headphone mixing tool is the Focusrite VRM box. It not only adds the crossfeed effect, but offers simulations of different mixing environments/speakers. Though it's discontinued, it works fine on Win 10 (Don't know about the Mac side). FYI, the box requires a s/pdif out from your audio interface.

Sonarworks Reference & Can Opener is the perfect combination for me when it comes to mixing with headphones. Reference for a generally flat frequency response of the headphones, Can Opener for simulated cross-talk - done :)

phaded wrote:Anyone with some in-use opinions between between these two? Looking for something to add headphone crossfeed after Sonarworks Headphone calibration.

Note: Waves NX is a no-go for me due to 1 license / comp.
All of our plugins have a 15-day free trial, so definitely give CanOpener a try with your own setup. CanOpener is pretty different in philosophy from Redline, so the sonic differences should be pretty obvious :tu:

Nightpolymath wrote:Have not used Can Opener, but I do have a copy of Redline Monitor. Can't seem to make it work very well (not much sense of "space"), so in the end I also bought TB Isone, which I think works a hell of a lot better than the Redline. Good for travel, but of course will never replace a set of monitors.
I haven't been able to make ANY of them work. I too have redline. In the end, I kinda got over it and just try to make a "mix" in the reference of something I like.

Return to “Effects”