90s SKIN for Tyrell N6 V3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

scoobz wrote:Right, managed to find it on an old backup drive, this should be it:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=777 ... 9208525494

Here's a PP link if you're feeling generous ;)
paypal.me/LCGDesign

Enjoy!
Thanks. Deeply appreciated. :tu:

Now, I think it's just a matter of Chris-S to upload his new main pane, with the changes, for those interested (I am). :D

I also would like someone to enlighten me how to create an INI file to make this an exchangeable theme, instead of having to replace the factory one.
Fernando (FMR)

scoobz wrote:Right, managed to find it on an old backup drive, this should be it:
Got it, gave it a whirl with Tyrell for Linux on Bitwig 1.3.13. Looks great, everything seems to work. :)

Donation sent, looking forward to the enhancements from chris-s. Or will that be a separate skin altogether ?

Best,

dp

Now that the original is re-released it will only be a modified main pane image I think.

paypal.me/LCGDesign

Enjoy!
Norton is not at all keen on that web site (in general, not specifically your page). How about ZIPping up the file(s) and attaching them to a post here?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:

paypal.me/LCGDesign

Enjoy!
Norton is not at all keen on that web site (in general, not specifically your page). How about ZIPping up the file(s) and attaching them to a post here?
Cant download from that link. I get taken to a spammy lotto site where they want my personal details to claim my prize. :roll:

I didn't know you could attach large files directly. Many years ago the limit was a few Kb I think! :)
Edit: Yeah it's still 256k

I use adblock so I didn't see the problems with the site I used. Note to self: Don't use the first site that comes up in a google search ;)
New link:
mbf.me/ovYz3Z

Dave you're a star, the one and only person to contribute to my GUI adventures. Many thanks

Here's a mirror (thanks scoobz!)

http://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins/scoobz-Tyrell_Diva.zip

I'll add it to the patchlib web pages tomorrow when I do a proper update. :)
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote:Here's a mirror (thanks scoobz!)

http://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins/scoobz-Tyrell_Diva.zip

Thankyou for the skins

Hi,
here is my mod of the main pain.

- Link deleted -

Skin "Tyrell Diva Chris-S" available on the u-he patch library.

https://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html
Last edited by Chris-S on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi scoobz,
small issues with the Tyrell-Diva skin:

1) Scrolling through the presets with buttons < and > is a bit slow.
In my version and also in the 90s blue skin it's 4 times faster.

2) In the 90s skin it's possible to change mod matrix 1+2 source and via by right-clicking on the knob AND left clicking in the text-box. In your skin only right-click on the knob works.
Last edited by Chris-S on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris-S wrote:Hi scoobz,
small issues with the Tyrell-Diva skin:

1) Scrolling through the presets with buttons < and > is a bit slow.
In my version and also in the 90s blue skin it's 4 times faster.

2) In the 90s skin it's possible to change mod matrix 1+2 source and via by right-clicking on the knob AND left clicking in the text-box. In your skin only right-click on the knob works.
I see other problems:
- The background is misaligned with the faders, for example - these don't come down up to zero, neither go up to the top of the scale.
- Many labels are either too near the top or the bottom of the darker rectangles where they're supposed to be centered. Some also are not centered.
- The font used to show the patch names should be in bold. The way it is it's too thin.
- And yes, scrolling through patches sometimes stucks.

Maybe the GUI script needs to be updated to accomodate the recent Tyrell updates...
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: - The background is misaligned with the faders, for example - these don't come down up to zero, neither go up to the top of the scale.
Seen here as well.
- Many labels are either too near the top or the bottom of the darker rectangles where they're supposed to be centered. Some also are not centered.
True.
- The font used to show the patch names should be in bold. The way it is it's too thin.
Do you mean the patch named in the top display (the LED) or in the patch selection panel ? No problem with reading the fonts here, but the patch name in the main panel sometimes has fat fonts and sometimes skinny ones. Is that normal ?
- And yes, scrolling through patches sometimes stucks.
Verified with the < > buttons in the GUI. But using the keyboard arrow keys works flawlessly, with no sticking.
Maybe the GUI script needs to be updated to accomodate the recent Tyrell updates...
So it seems.

I added Chris's main panel PNG, looks even better now. Many thanks to Chris-S and scoobz, your work has really jazzed up Tyrell's look & feel.

Best,

dp

Sadly it seems a lot has changed since I did the GUI 4 years ago.

The good news is it's all fixable from the script file but it might be a labour of love. For example:

CONTROL type='Slider' name='Slider 1599' bounds='44.00 30.00 26.00 150.00' parent='Pane 1065' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Slider 1599' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider 1599' name='colours' id='1' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider 1599' name='colours' id='2' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider 1599' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider 1599' name='graphics' id='1' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider 1599' name='graphics' id='2' value='TyrellN7Fader'
PARAMETER control='Slider 1599' port='Slider Value' module='ENV1' parameter='Dec' valuestring='generic'
PROPERTY control='Slider 1599' name='direction' id='0' value='vertical'

That will sort out the 'throw' on the faders. We're looking at the top line, the second value is the fader 'middle' and the last number is the length of travel, so increasing the 'throw' to 150 means you need to nudge the center of the travel down by 5 pixels to 30. I think '26' is the element scale (fader size). It's all trial and error, you've got to change a number, reopen the plugin and see what's changed, then find values that work.
Naturally you'd need to make this change to all the sliders individually.

I'm not sure why some of the presets would be sticking, you'd need to trawl through the script file and see if you can spot any discrepancies. Maybe contact the dev and see if they can shed any light on the situation?
Last edited by scoobz on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The new skin is completely different so using the new script file with my Diva GUI wouldn't work, even if I nudged things around I'm not sure the knobs etc would line up unfortunately.

:(

Return to “Instruments”