midiNoteMap bug - input note offset

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I've been experimenting with the various pizMIDI plugins - a great bunch of plugins.

Unfortunately one of my favorites - midiNoteMap - seems to contain a bug: when processing for a channel is enabled, it seems to read the input notes as 6 semitones too low.

When inserting mNM in a MIDI stream, all data that is not on the selected channel is routed through unchanged. Any data that is sent on the selected channel is immediately transposed DOWN by 6 semitones: C1 becomes F#0.

Further investigation (trying to modify C1 by mapping it to D1, then modifying F#0, mapping it to G#0 and playing C1) shows that the problem seems to lie on the input side: mNM seems to interpret all input notes as 6 semitones too low - the whole input table doesn't work correctly unless I first transpose the input MIDI stream upward 6 semitones.

This applies to the x64 version of the plugin - haven't tried the 32 bit version, since I've gone all 64.

It would be great if this could be fixed - I love this little tool; it's great for drum note mapping!

Cheers,

Torsten

just in case if you didn't discover yet, note mapper middle of the page
http://www.codefn42.com/

btw. i love / use a lot piz's plugs :)

Yes, I know note mapper - but its preset management is a bit unwieldy. Doesn't play nice with VST presets or even Cantabile's pseudo presets. Since I mostly need note mapping in Cantabile, it takes a bit of work-around fiddling to get to where I want to be.

I just love the simplicity of the piz plug...

Cheers,

Torsten

Return to “Insert Piz Here”