difficulties unlocking T7+ bundle plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

First things first: I'm running Ubuntu - KDE Neon User Edition to be specific, but for all intents and purposes, just Ubuntu 16.04.

I recently purchase the T7+ bundle, which comes with the microsynth and Master Mixer plugins.
Prior to purchasing it, I had the demo version of T7 installed. It said there was no need to redownload T7 if you already have the demo, as you can just unlock it. So I did that, successfully, by clicking "unlock" when the window popped up in Tracktion and providing my username and password.

I then downloaded the plugins that had come with the T7+ bundle, scanned for and successfully located them in Tracktion. However, you have to unlock the plugins separately, by opening the plugin window and clicking the "unlock" button.
I followed the instructions and downloaded a key file to provided Tracktion for unlocking the plugins, but got a message saying the key was corrupt or invalid. I wasn't sure if one of the characters in the machine number it showed me was a zero or the letter O so I tried again, but had the same problem. I've now tried 5 times to unlock my plugins and had the same error every time.

Eventually I checked the machine number shown in T7's "about" window, and to my surprise it was completely different to the machine number the plugins showed me. I thought maybe this was due to me unlocking my demo version rather than downloading a fresh copy of T7, so I downloaded a fresh copy and installed it just in case, but I'm not even sure if this did anything - the machine number in the About window is still the same.

Help!

The plugins and main tracktion program do have different unlock mechanisms, and different machine number. There was an earlier thread explaining how this works, a while back, from what I remember.

Your easiest way forward may be to mail support@tracktion.com with details of your machine number for the plugins, and the other info in this post, and somebody should sort it.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I may be thinking of this thread ...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=469268
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

This seems like a bug :\

I've already emailed support and haven't had a reply yet so I thought I'd post here just in case I get a response quicker. Looks like I'll just have to wait.

Return to “Tracktion”