LoudnessAnalyzer meter controlling something?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

is it possible that somehow inside MXXX the LoudnessAnalyzer Short Term (or any other of the three EBU meters) does control a multiparameter so that the LoudnessAnalyzer meter would be on the easy / active preset page as well by making the multiparameter to a meter?

Thanks for answers! :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I cannot think of a way using Multiparameters. I would just 'float' the Analyzer's window and position it below the Easy screen:

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/PS6HOcs.png
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hm, interesting idea. Unfortunately the "floated" window won't show up, when loading such a preset. :(
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

True, you have to float it each time
Inspired by ...

Just use a follower modulator. It's not the same thing, but loudness is just 300ms or 3s (I think that's the numbers) RMS with prefiltering.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

So you basically could build your own Loudness Meter (according to EBU R 128) with MXXX? Any hint how to do it exactly then? :D

Tagirijus.de

Well, it won't be exact, and mainly, why would you do that? :D The EBU standard has some additional stuff, such as the way channels are summed together, nothing fancy, but still. But you could be able to create the prefiltering curve pretty easily ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'll look into this. In another thread you gave some interesting ideas and one of the great members here already came up with some kind of EQ preset. Gives me some ideas already. Thanks! :)

Tagirijus.de

Sorry for another post, but: a follower module cannot control a multiparameter, which is set to a meter!?

Another thing regarding your question, why I want to do that: I mix audio for films and stuff, which needs to apply to the EBU R 128. Since Ido leveling by hand - looking at the EBU meter (MLoudnessAnalyzer) and correcting the gain of a track - I thought I could speed it up to have both: meter and gain control in one instance (not MLoudnessAnalyzer though, since I would like to have it even simpler ... just short term with one big gain knob ... :D ).

Tagirijus.de

Setting a Multiparameter (MP) as a Meter is intended only to display the MP (with a single parameter assigned) on the Easy screen. Such an MP is not intended to be controlled

PS Does the Auto-gain button in MLoudness Analyzer help you at all?
Auto-gain button takes the current integrated loudness value and sets the Gain to make the integrated loudness of the result match the specified Target. Note that you need to let the plugin spend some time analyzing the audio of course, ideally analyze the whole material.
Or even Batch Auto-gain:
Batch auto-gain button lets you batch process files and make the integrated loudness match the specified Target. You can either click the button and select a file to process, or drag & drop any set of files onto the button. Note that despite the plugin can read several audio file formats, it will always output WAV files.
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

This is a bit artificial but it might inspire some ideas.
-- I put a loop on a track and added MLoudnessAnalyzer
-- I added an Automation Envelope lane for the Gain parameter and set the mode to Write
-- I started playback and click the [Auto-gain] button several times
-- on each click a point was written to the Gain envelope

The result - a primitive gain control envelope:

Inspired by ...

I am not going for the INT gain, but the short term gain - e.g. for speech. Your last post is an interesting idea, I will keep this in mind and test it next time I am going to mix something! :)

Tagirijus.de

Sorry folks, but sending automation like this is not going to happen. After all the problems different hosts had with MAutoVolume sending automated gain I want to avoid it, forever :D. Automation in most hosts just has been designed with the assumption that a human operator is doing that, hence accuracy is not so relevant and it's slow human hands, not a superfast computer :).
Vojtech

eah, you already posted that. My first post just asked about how to do potential internal controlling inside MXXX. I am just wondering, since I am not really sure for what the usage of the "meter" mode of the MPs is intended for.

Tagirijus.de

Well, I don't think it will work. The meter mode of the MPs is just to provide some form of metering to the easy screen. It hasn't been designed to control something with a meter really :D.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”