Rob Papen Predator 2 will coming on 25 November :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Predator 3

It's so sad about the co-developer, and I pray for the family. However, I was bugging out when I saw the current price of Predator. For anyone who hasn't tried that synth yet, that is a supernatural bargain. Don't hesitate.
Ha ha suck it!

Rest in peace Mama Ayres.

Dr. Papen is live-streaming on YouTube right now... started 1h ago.
- WonderEcho -

So RPCX is the partnership of Papen/Ayers

http://www.robpapen.com/rpcx.html

Papen first partnered with Linplug right to make Albino ?

chk071 wrote:
djshire wrote:
AnX wrote:Announced in Feb.... released... whenever. Why do companies do this? :roll:
Because its better to release a good, finished product, than to release a bad, buggy, incomplete product just to hit a deadline. See: most video games from large game studios ("release now, patch later")
To be fair though, "release now" is what most of the kids want these days. "Uuh... you teased so hard... now don't make me wait another week... :(:(:(". Otherwise i'm fully with you, it's much better to release something complete than to rush things out. Especially when you can afford the luxury to release when it is really done.
I dont care when its released, i just hate all the hype for months.

Do what classy companies do. Keep quiet and just release a product...

AnX wrote:Do what classy companies do. Keep quiet and just release a product...
Papen did that with RAW

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=424397&hilit=papen+raw

Maybe they want to try out a different way to promo this time

Maybe it simply takes them longer than they expected :wink:

AnX wrote:
chk071 wrote:
djshire wrote:
AnX wrote:Announced in Feb.... released... whenever. Why do companies do this? :roll:
Because its better to release a good, finished product, than to release a bad, buggy, incomplete product just to hit a deadline. See: most video games from large game studios ("release now, patch later")
To be fair though, "release now" is what most of the kids want these days. "Uuh... you teased so hard... now don't make me wait another week... :(:(:(". Otherwise i'm fully with you, it's much better to release something complete than to rush things out. Especially when you can afford the luxury to release when it is really done.
I dont care when its released, i just hate all the hype for months.

Do what classy companies do. Keep quiet and just release a product...
Like Apple? :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Looking forward to...
Predator.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I noticed in the teaser screenshot a slot for User Waveforms. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's great that they kept the same GUI (the same feel). Version 1 has one of the best interfaces and colours in synths, and it's very inviting and comfortable to the eyes. It seems v2 is heading the same :)

I find red very harsh on my eyes but I guess Predator 2 will retain the same color scheme. Oh well it does look like the interface got a quality update as the teaser looks less fuzzy than version 1 so I'm happy for that...... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I found the 'red' fine, but most important is the whole feel of the GUI is great. I hope they enabled unison in the ARP, better browser and filters. It has already a great collection of waves in the Oscillator section, but adding also Wavetables would be better of course.

The workflow, although is fine in V1, but it needs updating as well.

One thing I like in Sylenth1 and miss in Predator is that in mono mode with last note priority Predator does not react to velocity modulation, i.e. the followup note keeps the same cutoff frequency, volume or whatever modulation target as the original note. In Sylenth1 the followup note changes with velocity for instance, which allows for more dynamic playing of bass lines for instance.

So, is it out yet?

I hope not, I want predators to remain in jail :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”