7%
22%
30%
18%

Total votes: 390

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Ooooh it's almost here! You can't lock this thread till you start a new one for Repro-1. And you can't start a thread for Repro-1 till you let us try Repro-1. You must unleash the MONOBEAST!

UNLEASH THE MONOBEAST!
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Urs wrote:We need a couple more days... currently investigating why the distortion sounds slightly duller at 192kHz vs. 44.1kHz. Stuff like that. But at least we're pretty much feature complete now, which means that public testing isn't too far away ;)

Hmmm, thinking of locking this thread... I didn't expect RePro-Alpha to be confused with Repro-1, but then I also didn't think of people who haven't followed the process from the beginning.
:lol: you're welcome! :ud:

Seems like it's just sorting out a few last minute quality details, so it looks like you're really finally, this time for real, *almost* sorta not quite but nearly there... :)

Great stuff!

pdxindy wrote:You can input the pitch of sequencer steps by playing them, including velocity. Very nice for creating sequences.
Actually that would be really useful. I hope the sequencer is just like in Hive but a bit less cramped for space :wink:. Just a bit more spread out. I wonder what it looks like.

I really really want to try the wavefolder.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Urs wrote:We need a couple more days... currently investigating why the distortion sounds slightly duller at 192kHz vs. 44.1kHz. Stuff like that. But at least we're pretty much feature complete now, which means that public testing isn't too far away ;)
We all patiently waiting. Please don't stretch our attention span too much.

Well thread is named RePro-Alpha and judging by name it's not exactly about RePro-1
Murderous duck!

What a hell of perfect merketing! I'm already hooked by this obviously must-have thing! By the way: mono is the new black ...

spunkmuffin wrote:
pdxindy wrote:You can input the pitch of sequencer steps by playing them, including velocity. Very nice for creating sequences.
Actually that would be really useful. I hope the sequencer is just like in Hive but a bit less cramped for space :wink:. Just a bit more spread out. I wonder what it looks like.

I really really want to try the wavefolder.
The sequencer is sweet... There are 2 patterns, A and B and each is 32 steps. You can play A or B or A + B... so you can do up to 64 steps (or any number in between). Each step can be a rest, tied or normal and you have pitch and velocity lanes. Plenty spaced out! Hive is one of the best Arps in a softsynth. RePro Arp is very simple.

WolfKay wrote:
I haven't heard such a beautiful filter for a long time (since Roland plug-outs, probably).
Great work, Urs! You can almost feel electricity running through it :love:
Yeah that does sound great, but I've been doing this kind of raw in your face sound with TimewARP2600 for ten years now.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:Yeah that does sound great, but I've been doing this kind of raw in your face sound with TimewARP2600 for ten years now.
The Pro-One came on the market 11 years after the Arp 2600. Repro-1 comes on the market 11 years after TimewARP2600...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssnw2GA657s

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Urs wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:Yeah that does sound great, but I've been doing this kind of raw in your face sound with TimewARP2600 for ten years now.
The Pro-One came on the market 11 years after the Arp 2600. Repro-1 comes on the market 11 years after TimewARP2600...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssnw2GA657s
Yes, but that says nothing before we can use it in real. I still find the Moog Model 15 app (yeah i know it's another beast) to have a raw power which none of the desktop plug-ins offer.
I hope Repro-1 can change this.

Cinebient wrote:I still find the Moog Model 15 app (yeah i know it's another beast) to have a raw power which none of the desktop plug-ins offer.
Disagreed. Diva has it. Monark has it. TAL emulations have it. Legend has it. Pulsar 900 modular, oh gosh, totally has it.

...oh yeah and Repro-1 has it. In spades. :)

EvilDragon wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I still find the Moog Model 15 app (yeah i know it's another beast) to have a raw power which none of the desktop plug-ins offer.
Disagreed. Diva has it. Monark has it. TAL emulations have it. Legend has it. Pulsar 900 modular, oh gosh, totally has it.

...oh yeah and Repro-1 has it. In spades. :)
I tryed most of them but maybe they doesn't appeal to my likings, which means nothing of course for other people :)
But i still have to try Repro-1 of course myself before i can judge it.

Cinebient wrote:I hope Repro-1 can change this.
As always with emulations, it depends on whether or not you like the original hardware. There are people who find Minimoogs meh. There are others who don't.

I can't promise you anything. But the Pro-One has always been my favourite mono synth, much more so than a Minimoog or any of the offerings by Roland, Korg, Oberheim or Yamaha. It's more flexible than the ones which "just sound gorgeous", but it's not as complicated as the ones who try to do everything. I think it's the best mix features vs. sweet spots in all vintage mono synths. The only other mono synth I might like almost as much is the Octave Cat. The only other mono synth which I wished had a similarly flexible feature set is the Korg 700/770/800 series, for their utterly beautiful sound.

That said, we've studied the shit out of this thing. I don't think there's much we missed.

Urs wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I hope Repro-1 can change this.
As always with emulations, it depends on whether or not you like the original hardware. There are people who find Minimoogs meh. There are others who don't.

I can't promise you anything. But the Pro-One has always been my favourite mono synth, much more so than a Minimoog or any of the offerings by Roland, Korg, Oberheim or Yamaha. It's more flexible than the ones which "just sound gorgeous", but it's not as complicated as the ones who try to do everything. I think it's the best mix features vs. sweet spots in all vintage mono synths. The only other mono synth I might like almost as much is the Octave Cat. The only other mono synth which I wished had a similarly flexible feature set is the Korg 700/770/800 series, for their utterly beautiful sound.

That said, we've studied the shit out of this thing. I don't think there's much we missed.
Sure, you're right. I find f.e. all the Minimoog emulations boring and that means for sure that the original wouldn't please me. The Model 15 is of course a very different thing and if not Moog, who should made it happen otherwise.
I never owned or used a Pro-One, so i don't know yet if i will like it. I don't care much about how accurate they are emulated or whatever (shame on me), i just judge them for what they sound and let me do. I judge them just as a complete new tools for me which i hear for the first time.
It's just that Moog raised the bar here for me so much in terms of bringing an awesome instrument from 1973(?) to 2016 and add a ton of modern stuff on top of it for such an (too) low price.
And yes, i hate it so much that i have to use it exclusive on an crippled OS. There is just no competition for it (for me).
But Repro-1 wasn't emulated before too :D (or?)
At least from the demos i heard it already appeals more to me than all the Minimoog emulations.
But if you ever want to do a System 55 emulation before Moog...... :D

Return to “Instruments”