What would you like to see in a Kontakt 5 Anomaly instrument?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is what I have so far....

Honestly, if you could get some sort of patch involving badgers in there, that'd be fanchuffintastic!

I wonder what that would sound like?..... :lol:

Some information....

Auto Pan is set up with presets that range from .02Hz to .06 Hz, at 60% and 100% and at both Phase 0 degree and Phase 180 degrees. The idea being that panning two sounds in a Multi they can be set to cross-pan.

The Detune controls are independent and controlled by a separate on/off switch.

Volume/Velocity - the Velocity control is also independent and not controlled by the on/off switch.

The Volume is set up to sweep the Volume in the same way and rates as the Auto-Pan. The idea being that you can cross-fade two sounds in a Multi.

The FX page is simple enough. The only FX that uses the NI FX presets is the Reverb. All of the others have new presets. To get to the old presets, go under the hood.

The Filters page....

One side is all LP Filters, the other a mix of BP and HP Filters.

Cutoff and Res for each filter can be modulated from Multi LFO's so you can choose your waveform.

I was thinking about adding additional modulation for Frequency and Intensity of the Modulators but you can do that by going under the hood.

The Sweep Modulators control the length of two segments of a Flexible Envelope for each Filter.
The controls are bi-polar. Negative amounts sweep backwards, positive amounts sweep forwards. All settings per Envelope have to share the same polarity to work properly.

You can change the shape and length of the Envelope by going under the hood.

Everything has its own on/off switch so you can mix and match what you want to use in any individual sound.

Update the screen shots above. You may have to refresh the page to get your browser to pick up the new images.

I am also thinking about making alternate skins that you could choose just by selecting a different .nkr file in Instrument Options.....

First alternate skin......

Second alternate skin.....

A question....

What is preferable? An instrument that lets you create the Multis you want to create? Or an instruments that already has pre-selected sounds as layers that you can manipulate?

Possible FX signal chain for the Anomaly Kontakt instrument.....

Any thoughts?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”