Maschine has disappeared after 2.5 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I opened NI Service center to update Maschine to 2.5. It failed once, so I asked it to retry after which it asked me to restart computer. I did. And now Maschine is gone. Nowhere to be found in my puter.

Anyone else having trouble with the installation?

Try the new updater thing instead of Service Center? If you don't have Komplete 10 I think the app is still available to download from NI's site.

I had no trouble at all here. The download didn't even hang for me like it often used to.

Same thing that happened to me when updating to Kontakt 5.6, via the Service Center last week.

To cut a long story short I uninstalled Kontakt, downloaded the Kontakt demo from NI, reinstalled and reauthorized that, got it working again.

As foosnark said, use Native Access for any of the current product line. As long as you've registered and activated it at one time, it will download, install and activate the product. Or, if it's a new product, you can add the serial # and activate it.

I had an issue with an unbootable machine a while back, which required installing a new system drive. Native Access was a life saver; I just logged in, went through my product list and chose what to install (check settings to make sure the install locations are what you want), and let it run. A few hours later and I was back up and running without any input on my part to speak of.

You'll still need to download the original installers from your account page on the NI site and then use Service Center for activation and updates with any outdated apps, such as Maschine 1, Kore, etc.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”