Sound doesn't stop

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know, I've asked this already. But this time, no muting of tracks and no right-clicking on the stop-button didn't stop the sound. I had to close RC and start fresh. Is it just me or is this a known effect?

This is already fixed, I'll probably upload an update tomorrow.
Hanging notes occurred when using VST plug-ins.
Sorry for this issue,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila, I didn't use RC as a plugin. But I did route its Virtual Midi Out to separate channels in Ableton. (And this time it worked like a charm! Wow. I wonder, what I did wrong last time, when I tried to do the same for hours and nothing worked – no virtual midi cables, nor IAC-bus, nothing. And now it worked with the most simple solution of all, using RC's virtual midi output, and specifying separate channels. That's like christmas!) The note probably started hanging, when I was fiddling with the channels. But that's minor thing, compared to my joy, that I can now FINALLY channel directly into my DAW. I had already given up. God willing, I will now understand the rest of your wonderful software as well.

in my own experience, i have found hanging note problems with kontakt, especially some libraries with a lot of scripting.

this also happens in SONAR up until the latest versions. RC is appears to be working better since latest beta. and no more crashing on exit!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Hi Nextom,

I am happy to hear that you were successful setting up RC! Really good news!
Yes, I am sure that is not handled when playback sends a Note On to one channel, and change the channel so that the Note Off is sent to another channel. This has to be fixed.

Thanks!
Attila

nexussynth wrote:in my own experience, i have found hanging note problems with kontakt, especially some libraries with a lot of scripting.

this also happens in SONAR up until the latest versions. RC is appears to be working better since latest beta. and no more crashing on exit!
Hi Thomas,

Yes, there were hanging notes with VST plug-ins that I fixed yesterday. This was the result of the recent low-level changes in the program. I am confident that v3.1 will be a solid release.

Thanks,
Attila

Sounds great!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Nextom wrote:Hi Attila, I didn't use RC as a plugin. But I did route its Virtual Midi Out to separate channels in Ableton. (And this time it worked like a charm! Wow. I wonder, what I did wrong last time, when I tried to do the same for hours and nothing worked – no virtual midi cables, nor IAC-bus, nothing. And now it worked with the most simple solution of all, using RC's virtual midi output, and specifying separate channels. That's like christmas!) The note probably started hanging, when I was fiddling with the channels. But that's minor thing, compared to my joy, that I can now FINALLY channel directly into my DAW. I had already given up. God willing, I will now understand the rest of your wonderful software as well.
I wish I knew how you achieved this. I can't find anything called Virtual Midi Out on my version of RC (v.3.22).

I also work the same way as Nextom ...
Somehow I could not make friends with the plugin and also from the standalone of the program I take Virtual Midi Out directly to DAW.

Danton wrote: I wish I knew how you achieved this. I can't find anything called Virtual Midi Out on my version of RC (v.3.22).
"Virtual MIDI Output" is a service on Mac OS X, you won't find it on Windows. On OS X "RapidComposer Virtual MIDI Out" is always created, that you can use as a MIDI output port which can be opened by other applications for receiving MIDI data.
On Windows you can use the free virtual MIDI drivers, e.g. LoopBe or LoopMIDI to create MIDI ports that can connect applications.

Thanks
Attila

I'll give that a shot -- thanks.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”