Help me see the light....(IOW, I think this plugin stinks, change my mind)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aryaroman wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:I like the idea of this thread.

Eisenberg Einklang. Do I need to say more? :roll:
Morphing Casios. I wanted to like it more than I do.
You and me both.

Before Einklang, I coulnd't have possibly imagined myself asking for more knobs for a synth, but yes, I am now. They say it's supposed to be musical and creative without having to twiddle hundreds of knobs and sliders. A great idea in theory, but...

...Well, it is a bit hard to get creative, when you can only squeeze two kinds of sounds out of it.
And I can't even make sustained patches, because I immediately get stuck notes.

What makes it even worse, if it can be made, is that instead of completing their half-assed product, the developer instead opted to release what could be considered missing pieces of the product (the missing colours), in guise of expansion packs.
A lot of times people have potentially interesting ideas but not an interesting business model to go with it.

I only have the CM version, it's not something that I would buy. Some CM plugins are awesome, Allto, for instance, but some are just quaint crippleware. At any rate, I should let someone who likes this plugin have a go.

Cmon, do we have any fans of Einklang?

wagtunes wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Iris 2. It's on sale, I'm curious, but I remember finding it really limited. Especially as I have Alchemy, Harmor and Metasynth. OTOH it's really easy to use.
Here are samples from my sound library.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... for-iris-2

I love it. You can do so much with it.
Thanks, but somehow that doesn't help me much. I'm guessing I might like it's rhythmic abilities, looping and so on with filtering. But if I remember right it doesn't snap to grid right? It's just looping via individual samples?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Einklang's (CM version) problem is that the presets have a very low volume.

It is so low that Live's track volume slider does not go high enough to raise it to much more than -12 db, gotta put a utility plugin to raise it higher.

Raise it closer to other synths' volume and it sounds better.

pottering wrote:Einklang's (CM version) problem is that the presets have a very low volume.

It is so low that Live's track volume slider does not go high enough to raise it to much more than -12 db, gotta put a utility plugin to raise it higher.

Raise it closer to other synths' volume and it sounds better.
Yeah, the problem is in the full version too. I suppose a redeeming quality would be the fact that it can't really get loud or distorted under any circumstances without external FX. But that's in my very anti-loudness-and-distortion-coloured books.

Edit: I see too much praise and desperate digging of redeeming qualities, justification of unjustifiable design choices and problems in poorly executed products in software magazines or sites. Really losing my faith here. I don't remember the last time I read a review where a product got a "warning stamp", apart from KVR's user reviews and a few rare exceptions, Sonivox FSC and Toxic Biohazard(?)
Do music software magazines even have the amazing invention, called "warning stamps", for extremely poor products? Do they even have the permission to give a product score below 7/10/3 stars? Are they just too nice, trying to be too objective?

no, the magazines you are thinking of are about selling products, not erudition.
ghettosynth wrote: A lot of times people have potentially interesting ideas but not an interesting business model to go with it.
isn't it more, people have interesting business ideas but not a synth idea to go along with it? :hihi:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

This should help the OP, to see the light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLlw8p1usg4

xoxos wrote:no, the magazines you are thinking of are about selling products, not erudition.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Many receive the products from the developer and if they give them crap reviews, then the developer/publisher doesn't send them free copies anymore or participate. Sad reality with most magazines and sites, with the exception of game and movie-journalism. Sure, there are certain magazines and sites, but mostly they let the reviewers state their opinion, even if they receive free copies from the publisher, as is in the case of game magazines and sites.

Aryaroman wrote:
xoxos wrote:no, the magazines you are thinking of are about selling products, not erudition.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Many receive the products from the developer and if they give them crap reviews, then the developer/publisher doesn't send them free copies anymore or participate. Sad reality with most magazines and sites, with the exception of game and movie-journalism. Sure, there are certain magazines and sites, but mostly they let the reviewers state their opinion, even if they receive free copies from the publisher, as is in the case of game magazines and sites.
It's not about the free copies, those are peanuts compared to the ad revenue.

Anyway, maybe there's something difficult in implementing the kind of synthesis Einklang tries, the same lackluster sound ruins Plex. Both very interesting concepts, but the sound output just doesn't have that something.

.jon wrote: It's not about the free copies, those are peanuts compared to the ad revenue.
and this in turn is peanuts compared to having a culture that conforms to desired responsivity...

richard dawkins introduced a very nice concept for discussing the cultural transference of ideas, eg. how and why we think what we think: memetics, and memes, as thought parallel to genetics, and genes. yet, if you ask someone what a "meme" is, it is a picture of a cat with some bold white letters.

you see, if you start to consider culture from a memetic perspective, especially once you are old and edified enough to experience various instances of industrial culture,

you will realise that the ideas people think in the west are somewhat limited in scope.

i mean, i come to this forum and go into this day after day year after year. ---> human attention is the. most. valuable. commodity in the universe. what you think, what we think transfers to what we do, how we respond, *everything that human culture touches* so influence over what we think is a supreme commodity.

this is the *music industry*

and what i have to deal with, is the fact that some people, are still challenged by the ideas that people who produce products may not have the highest form of integrity and are in it for profit instead of "making really great synthesizers".

well, i got news for you. it's not even about the money. the money is a tool as well. it's the carrot on the stick. the stick and the carrot belong to someone who is more concerned with how you see the world than what you buy, because a purchase happens once, but how you think affects how you purchase for a lifetime.

it's so simple, but since everyone is focused on the swaying carrot, we forget about the stick.

isn't there enough bullshit in society for you to think that something may be "up"? how ridiculous do thnigs have to get before you notice that people are laughing at you in your face, all the time, because you are more willing to beat on the guy who says there is a collusion than to confront the injustices that this institutional opportunism visits upon our entire species?

i'll make this clear: years ago, i thought that the advent of advertising and electronic media had accidentally made westerners mentally feeble, with short attention spans. but what happened to me (which i understand, you cannot accept as truth only because i say it) is that "the people who control the population" started to *let me know* and mess with me, which has continued for eleven years. i have to put up with this every day, everywhere i go, in the world, and online. i *know* that there are "social agencies" that exist purely to influence what "the common man" thinks. there is absolutely no question about it. they are even so confident that they can tell you in your face who they are and what they do and you will deny it, because you have, and your whole culture has, been trained to deny it. even the "anonymous" movements, the "voices of opposition and awareness" are controlled by these people. it's like "good cop, bad cop" - by presenting "all the sides of an issue" they control the dialogue.. you turn to the advocate, they are a *false advocate* - just like the "occupy" movement, or the "black lives matter" movement, you only hear about them because these people want you to feel that you can see all the sides of an issue. they are all pawns, designed to keep society ineffectual and divided against itself.

this is called *perception management* and it isn't anything new whatsoever.

meanwhile, west papua suffers. but you can buy synthesizers and lots of junk food and fill your head with a million kinds of boring nonsense. the important thing is, to believe that happiness is something you can buy. as long as you do that, you need everything to stay the way it is.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:
.jon wrote: It's not about the free copies, those are peanuts compared to the ad revenue.
and this in turn is peanuts compared to having a culture that conforms to desired responsivity...

richard dawkins introduced a very nice concept for discussing the cultural transference of ideas, eg. how and why we think what we think: memetics, and memes, as thought parallel to genetics, and genes. yet, if you ask someone what a "meme" is, it is a picture of a cat with some bold white letters.

you see, if you start to consider culture from a memetic perspective, especially once you are old and edified enough to experience various instances of industrial culture,

you will realise that the ideas people think in the west are somewhat limited in scope.

i mean, i come to this forum and go into this day after day year after year. ---> human attention is the. most. valuable. commodity in the universe. what you think, what we think transfers to what we do, how we respond, *everything that human culture touches* so influence over what we think is a supreme commodity.

this is the *music industry*

and what i have to deal with, is the fact that some people, are still challenged by the ideas that people who produce products may not have the highest form of integrity and are in it for profit instead of "making really great synthesizers".

well, i got news for you. it's not even about the money. the money is a tool as well. it's the carrot on the stick. the stick and the carrot belong to someone who is more concerned with how you see the world than what you buy, because a purchase happens once, but how you think affects how you purchase for a lifetime.

it's so simple, but since everyone is focused on the swaying carrot, we forget about the stick.

isn't there enough bullshit in society for you to think that something may be "up"? how ridiculous do thnigs have to get before you notice that people are laughing at you in your face, all the time, because you are more willing to beat on the guy who says there is a collusion than to confront the injustices that this institutional opportunism visits upon our entire species?

i'll make this clear: years ago, i thought that the advent of advertising and electronic media had accidentally made westerners mentally feeble, with short attention spans. but what happened to me (which i understand, you cannot accept as truth only because i say it) is that "the people who control the population" started to *let me know* and mess with me, which has continued for eleven years. i have to put up with this every day, everywhere i go, in the world, and online. i *know* that there are "social agencies" that exist purely to influence what "the common man" thinks. there is absolutely no question about it. they are even so confident that they can tell you in your face who they are and what they do and you will deny it, because you have, and your whole culture has, been trained to deny it. even the "anonymous" movements, the "voices of opposition and awareness" are controlled by these people. it's like "good cop, bad cop" - by presenting "all the sides of an issue" they control the dialogue.. you turn to the advocate, they are a *false advocate* - just like the "occupy" movement, or the "black lives matter" movement, you only hear about them because these people want you to feel that you can see all the sides of an issue. they are all pawns, designed to keep society ineffectual and divided against itself.

this is called *perception management* and it isn't anything new whatsoever.

meanwhile, west papua suffers. but you can buy synthesizers and lots of junk food and fill your head with a million kinds of boring nonsense. the important thing is, to believe that happiness is something you can buy. as long as you do that, you need everything to stay the way it is.
Kind of a cynical view of the world, not that you're entirely wrong. Sure, there are "bad" people out there who are only after the almighty dollar and controlling your behavior through advertising, propaganda, or whatever.

But...not everybody is like that and not every person is a victim of it. They're only victims because they want to be. I have always marched to the beat of my own drums which is why most people here dislike me greatly. If somebody chooses to be part of this culture, that's on them and NOT on those who try to ram it down our throats.

Having said that, in order to survive, we have to eat. To that end, I do what I feel I need to do in order to survive. And at times that may actually mean becoming a part of the system, i.e. my business which I have to run as a business in order to be successful. That means buying the synths that I "think" the majority will buy, for whatever reason, in order to make libraries that have a reasonable chance of selling. Sure, i could buy all the obscure synths that nobody owns. But what would be the point? It serves no useful business purpose.

So while I agree with a lot of what you're saying, for the purpose of survival, sometimes we have no choice but to plug ourselves into the very machine that we hate.

xoxos wrote:and this in turn is peanuts compared to having a culture that conforms to desired responsivity....

...the important thing is, to believe that happiness is something you can buy. as long as you do that, you need everything to stay the way it is.
Wow, I've got some spare tin foil if you want to make a hat.

(Sorry. I couldn't help myself.)

But when it comes to advertising and marketing trying to influence our thoughts and identities, Bill Hicks said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UlapnsFLhc

xoxos wrote:...
I knew it. The secret world order manipulated me into buying Eisenberg Enklang.

Aryaroman wrote:
xoxos wrote:...
I knew it. The secret world order manipulated me into buying Eisenberg Enklang.
Ok, let's hear everyone's best loop with Eisenberg Enklang.

It crashes my daw's ewery time i use it. Same for other sonivox plugs.
So i never used them and deleted them from my hd.

classic wrote:It crashes my daw's ewery time i use it. Same for other sonivox plugs.
So i never used them and deleted them from my hd.
Einklang is not Sonivox' product, although that's unquestionably where it belongs with all the other heaping pile of--
Perhaps you were referring to ghettosynth's "honorable mention", Twist?

Return to “Instruments”