Cthulhu , Midishaper , and other midi effect not working properly with Bitwig Please fix this

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dom emailed me and said they're currently investigating this :party:

The reason why the bug was in for so long was because there were two bugs that were very similar. So when one was fixed, the other snuck by.

Very good news great

Win10x64, Bitwig 1.3.13 (and 1.3.14 RC1) and latest Cthulhu (though this happens with other 3rd party arps too...like BlueARP).

It stopped being perfectly timed for a while. However, I've never had missed notes (unless the gate setting was too long or something else on my end) and the recorded notes were always easily fixable via "Quantize Time". Live performance could be an issue with 3rd party arps, though.

bump :)

emailed support about this again (after 2.0 announcement) curious if it will be fixed as it's not listed in 1.3.16 RC-1

anybody who submitted tickets get any updates to this bug?

I had this issue too for a long time.. the arps are always off grid, so they never can be used in a live-setting.. always need to record the midi out and then quantize which is a shame :(

same here
OSX 10.12.2
bitwig 1.3.15

dave

Just tested and seems to be fixed in 2.0 beta!

I still have issues with Cthulhu in 2.1. Anyone else experience this? I does not go OFF grid, but when i put different chords after each other in chord/arp mode - it cuts of the last hit before going to the next note. Let me know if anyone else experience this.

Maybe it's related or not, but I'm using the A1 Triggergate a lot, and if the effect is set to bypass and then on again, the timing is off. So maybe there is something non-standard in the way 2.x reports timing to the plugins.

xerxes[no] wrote:I still have issues with Cthulhu in 2.1. Anyone else experience this? I does not go OFF grid, but when i put different chords after each other in chord/arp mode - it cuts of the last hit before going to the next note. Let me know if anyone else experience this.
It does go off the grid, but I have to zoom in at least 16,384 to notice it. And also gets cut off like you said. Bitwig 2.1 and latest version of Cthulhu 1.18

This might be the issue I am having with Kirnu Cream, another arp. The problem only occurs for me when I have multiple instances of it. Only one track has plugins that introduce PDC, like ProC2 with lookahead. Now the second track's notes are off the grid.

I have tried several Midi routing techniques but nothing seems to work. I have the throw another ProC2 onto the track to get them sync'd up again (until I add more PDC to either track...)

Return to “Bitwig”