Dude, Females Don't Like Your Videos

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

harryupbabble wrote:
planetearth wrote:
harryupbabble wrote: Where are you getting your stats? If you're getting them from Google/YouTube, keep in mind that unless women specify that they're female (in an on-line profile that Google can access), Google is only guessing at the sex of the person watching your video. And even at that, some women may choose to say they're male to avoid harassment. (If it's for a Gmail account, who cares which sex you choose--it's not a job application, for crying out loud.)

Steve
When you sign up for a YouTube account you can let YouTube know what your gender is, put a check mark to that in the sign-up form.
I am guessing that people who falsify their gender is not the majority and not enough to affect my 95/5.8 male/female viewership stats.
That's only valid for Gmail/YouTube and other Google-owned accounts. If that's all you have coming to watch your videos, then you have a different problem. But if people who don't have Google/YouTube accounts watch your videos, you have no idea if the sex Google "assigns" to them for your stats is valid.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

harryupbabble wrote:Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Cure, Pink Floyd.
That sound like a recipe for a sausage party.

harryupbabble wrote: I am guessing ...
Yep. :)

As of now... data mining failure. Abort. Abort.

Be back later fellow humans. Hopefully video makers would have been curious about what made me curious and checked their YouTube account and share data.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

It's because you're a man and your brain has different wiring. In order to ensure high viewership, you need to hire a group of men and women to serve as your test audience. Or you can save by hiring a "two-spirit" (dual gender-individual).

skipscada wrote:
Bingo!

skipscada wrote:
Yeah I admit, I don't seem to have many female songwriters in my music collection. I like classic rock. What females were in classic rock bands? Slim pickings. Oh wait, I have a few songs from Heart... Barracuda, Crazy On You. I have a few songs from Sinead O'Connor. Some of her songs sounded a bit like classic rock... Mandinka, Emperor's New Clothes. Stevie Nicks in her younger days could sing like a rock singer (her Rhiannon song (live version) from the 1970's) and she wrote great songs (Dreams, Landslide, Rhiannon). The Donnas (Allison Robertson was, to me, a great rock guitarist, whatever happened to her?). The Pixies had Kim Deal. Those are just the ones I remember. Probably more in there.

Classic rock was dominated by males and so I can't help if my top 10 faves are mostly male bands with sausages and in Robert Plant's case a cucumber wrapped in tin foil? But Robert Smith may be a lesbian woman trapped in a man's body?

Looks like you worked it out: what you like and what you make is generally male-oriented content. Is that an undesirable outcome? If so, venture out to new musical tastes. Listen to different stuff and explore making different stuff.

My question is, why does it matter to you? Are you trying to market yourself, or are you trying to catch yourself on attitudes that turn women away?

If it's the marketing angle, I recommend just making what you like and not trying to create for a market. There are way more powerful entities already monopolizing the recording industry with marketing-designed music acts. Make music because you like what you do, not to serve a market segment.

If it's a concern of offending or otherwise putting off women, then you should look to your own attitudes and thinking in relation to women overall. Correct any problematic thinking in relation to women and your next music project will fall in line with your changed attitudes.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Every time someone refers to women as "females" I think of this dudebro:

foosnark wrote:Every time someone refers to women as "females" I think of this dudebro:

I use the term "females" because I presume YouTube is watched not only by women (average adult females) but also by females of any age, meaning girls and grandmas too.

I sometimes wonder why my Youtube videos attract so few she-males. :? May be due to the unbelievably restrictive, and discriminating lack of transgender specifications for Google accounts. Always said that Google is teh pure evil!

chk071 wrote:I sometimes wonder why my Youtube videos attract so few she-males. :? May be due to the unbelievably restrictive, and discriminating lack of transgender specifications for Google accounts. Always said that Google is teh pure evil!
Yeah. They discriminate against cats and dogs too. Everyone knows a huge number of cats post on YouTube ...

But but but. People... if you become aware of a possible "anomaly" like a 94/5.8 male/female viewership ratio, wouldn't you be curious too. Wouldn't you want to know if that is only happening to you? Those are waaaaaaaaaaay freaky stats. Made me think "dude are you a freak?". Come on fellow video makers pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase share your data. What's the big deal? :o

Marty: "One thing that puzzles me, um, is the makeup of your audience seems to be predominantly young boys."
David: "Well, it's a sexual thing, really. Aside from the identifying the boys do with us, there's also like a reaction to the female-- of the female to our music."
Nigel: "They're really, they're quite fearful, is my theory. They see us on stage with tight trousers. We've got, you know, armadillos in our trousers. I mean, it's really quite frightening, the size."
David: "Yeah."
Nigel: "And they run screaming."
http://www.moviewavs.com/0053148414/MP3 ... dillos.mp3
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”