Sampler with crossfade mode and several glide options

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello to the KVR community !

I'm working with Presonus Studio One, but the included sampler is too simple for my needs... I'm working on vocal samples in order to play them like a synth. I saw that the sampler of Ableton Live was amazing (many options, it has for example the crossfade option to avoid "clicks" when looping and I really need this) but it doesn't exist in VST format.

I'm also looking for a sampler that can really tweak my voice samples... like formant options, different glides modes (fixed speed or interval relative, sustain or not)...

I tried several samplers in VSTi but none of them seemed to suit my needs...

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Anyone ?

Well, what I've done when I needed to do that was prepare some files in a wave editor, one for each pitch I needed, then make a simple sfz mapping. So the answer to VST samplers not fitting your needs might be to make an instrument for one of those samplers. I wanted formants to track pitch negatively (so lower formants on higher-pitched notes) so it was a pretty unusual use case. I've also done glides with speed adjustable by MIDI CC in sfz at other times, too, but nothing interval relative. I used Sforzando, you could also try Beat Zampler which has a built-in glide knob. I don't think either does automatic crossfade looping, so if you need smooth loops you'll also need to prepare those ahead of time in the files.

I'm sure you could also do all that in Kontakt, maybe with less ahead-of-time file prep work. Not sure if it does formant preservation or tracking. We got Kontakt experts here who would know.

Your other options would be to use some voice-specific software, maybe something by Zplane - I have their Vielklang 2 harmony generator which allows a lot of per-note manipulation, though I don't think it does automatic crossfade looping. But that's mostly meant for harmonies, you could take a look at what else they make.

Or even something like UTAU, maybe.

If you can live with 32bit vst, shortcircuit does crossfade looping in realtime. Only one glide option though I think.

http://www.vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php

It's a real shame this was abandoned. It's still my favourite sampler by far

Thanks for your answers ! Shortcircuit 1 & 2 seem amazing but the are unfortunately not compatible with my actual DAW (Presonus Studio One). I already tried.

I really need that crossfade/xfade loop option... :/

form by NI can do that, time stretch and fade at the same time (i think even the Ableton sampler can't do both, either time stretch or crossfade). It has a free demo and you don't need to own Reaktor for it, just the free player.

it's unlikely then that you can use my plugins, because "selective" hosts would rather deter you from democratic resources like synthedit produced plugins :)

though i am ever so humble, while they do not load multisamples or handle numerous wav formats, my samplers outfeature the largest companies in this field. eg. adze/stoooner is a percussion sampler that uses fourier resynthesis, which no other plugin company has decided to do to this point. my loop modulation sampler, element (i was element first), has two loop crossfade options (ms or dependent on loop length) and "bounce" mode looping, which is loads of fun if you like to make interesting sounds.

i mean, i'm not saying, i'm the king of this industry or whatever, but you know, if other companies pulled their thumb out and did half of the stuff that i do in my plugins, it would be an entirely different industry. in the meantime, i can take all the abuse and ridicule you care to dish out, i'm still the only one writing these functions.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Where can we buy your plugins ?

these are free. you must not have "display sigs" opted -

http://xoxos.net/vst/element.zip
http://xoxos.net/vst/stoooner.zip

enjoy :)

(btw i'm not kidding - they only load "real generic" wavefiles, if your samples are from companies that give them really big headers with junk in them, you'll probably get silence.. if you're dead set on using it, copy/paste the wav data in wavosaur or something, to a nice, generic wavefile..)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”