so this xmas my present will be...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My last bike was a Honda 600F Hornet. Fantastic engine and great handling. It got trashed in an accident unfortunately (almost wrote me off too).

Turning 21 :D (my birthday is a few days before Christmas and I live in the US)

Dasheesh wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:I already got my Christmas present from my wife. It's our 10 year anniversary, so we decided to go a little "big" but combine it with Christmas. Since I'm an atheist, any day can be Christmas! My Roli Rise 49 came on Wednesday. My parents will probably hit me up with some cash as well and that's already earmarked to some software I've been waiting to pick up.

Legend
Dune 2
IK's Tape Echo
Sandman Pro

I think that's all I'm really interested in. When my System 1m sells I might get a second Mother 32, and that could lead me to a third, but I'll probably sell my Neptune 2 to fund that.

The new unfiltered audio stuff is business. I would just get the whole package if I had a studio that was getting regular business.
Yeah? I'll check it out. One issue when Sandman came out was that I had a hard time getting a demo... I forget why.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

You have to open an account at PA, download the demo, then register the demo to your account. I'm pretty impressed with Sandman Pro so far. Still demoing ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:My last bike was a Honda 600F Hornet. Fantastic engine and great handling. It got trashed in an accident unfortunately (almost wrote me off too).
I always wondered, if you don't mind me asking. You guys have a speed limit of 60 mph (assuming that you are from the US), yet there are so many fast bikes and cars imported, or manufactured in the US... how are you able to drive out those machines? Just, push the throttle, and nevermind speed limits? You don't have to answer that, if you don't want to. :P It's just that i, and also others here in germany, alyway wonder about that, also considering that you get punished pretty hard for speeding in the US, AFAIK. In germany, it's no problem to drive out cars, as we don't have speed limits on many parts of our highways/Autobahn (not that i ever drove faster than 180 or so...), but, in the US, i thought there's no room for that.

nineofkings wrote:Turning 21 :D (my birthday is a few days before Christmas and I live in the US)
haha

chk071 wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:My last bike was a Honda 600F Hornet. Fantastic engine and great handling. It got trashed in an accident unfortunately (almost wrote me off too).
I always wondered, if you don't mind me asking. You guys have a speed limit of 60 mph (assuming that you are from the US), yet there are so many fast bikes and cars imported, or manufactured in the US... how are you able to drive out those machines? Just, push the throttle, and nevermind speed limits? You don't have to answer that, if you don't want to. :P It's just that i, and also others here in germany, alyway wonder about that, also considering that you get punished pretty hard for speeding in the US, AFAIK. In germany, it's no problem to drive out cars, as we don't have speed limits on many parts of our highways/Autobahn (not that i ever drove faster than 180 or so...), but, in the US, i thought there's no room for that.
I'm in the UK ... we have a blanket 70 mph speed limit on motorways, 60 mph on A roads. I was doing 50 when I had my accident. Not my fault. A little old lady pulled out in front of me from a side road. She wasn't looking where she was going. :tantrum:

Alright. Didn't want to say it's your fault, i just know that, in the US, they have a lot of fast bikes, and sports cars, and whatever, and i always wonder where they would drive them out. But, if you're in the UK, and don't drive out (at least not excessively), then that makes sense of course. :)

chk071 wrote:Alright. Didn't want to say it's your fault, i just know that, in the US, they have a lot of fast bikes, and sports cars, and whatever, and i always wonder where they would drive them out. But, if you're in the UK, and don't drive out (at least not excessively), then that makes sense of course. :)
The way her insurance company's solicitor is trying to wriggle out of paying up you'd think it was my fault. Its been four years, and still waiting for a settlement.

chk071 wrote:Alright. Didn't want to say it's your fault, i just know that, in the US, they have a lot of fast bikes, and sports cars, and whatever, and i always wonder where they would drive them out. But, if you're in the UK, and don't drive out (at least not excessively), then that makes sense of course. :)
It's just for show, like the mansions, the guns, the yelling, the cursing, etc. Look at me, I am the man :roll:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
It's just for show, like the mansions, the guns, the yelling, the cursing, etc. Look at me, I am the man :roll:
No. Its for the sheer enjoyment of it (for me anyway). I've driven bikes since I was a teenager. I miss it. I don't have a mansion or a gun, and I rarely yell.

I'm tempted by the DrumBrute (but I'm waiting for the first user reports, I don't need to have it before xmas)... or whatever gear draws my attention. :P

I'm also seriously thinking about getting a NES Classic Mini: I'm not into videogames, but the NES and Super Mario Bros have a special meaning to me... maybe I should dust off my old NES (I hope it still works), but I don't have any of the games included in the NES Classic Mini but the classic Super Mario (and I'd like to play the 2nd and 3rd chapters of the series).

But, honestly, I have yet to decide if I'm going to buy anything at all... If I don't find anything useful/interesting to me, my present will be keeping the money in my pocket. I don't like being forced to buy something just because it's a particular moment of the year, I prefer buying when I need/want something.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Double glazing and a new side gate (really).
Rock on.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There are quite a lot of roads in the UK which are (in)famous for being impromptu race tracks. Just look at some of the footage on Youtube :pray:

Return to “Instruments”