KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any upload size limits we should be aware of? Our entry might end up somewhere between 200 MB and a gigabyte.

64bit plugins would be nice, FXs and synths...
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:64bit plugins would be nice, FXs and synths...
Don't worry, the push for new x64 plugins is a focus of most all devs.

camsr wrote:
U-o wrote:64bit plugins would be nice, FXs and synths...
Don't worry, the push for new x64 plugins is a focus of most all devs.
I'm not afraid, rarely I'm using them, but I prefer 64bit.
yzcoruhT

So, now that the charity is over hopefully people will donate some bucks for the DC16 price.
We have $870 for now.

Update: $977
Last edited by Chris-S on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Would soundware have to be for a freeware vsti?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Would soundware have to be for a freeware vsti?
I don't think so. There have been plenty of Kontakt stuff entered in the past.

Yup, 2014 soundware winner was for Kontakt.

And a more specific version of my earlier question:

Is uploading a 320 MB entry going to be a problem?

DSmolken wrote:Yup, 2014 soundware winner was for Kontakt.

I don't think so, Black Mamba was over 300MB, if I remember correctly.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/beat-b ... ba-by-beat

Thanks. I suppose it's doable, I vageuely remember there being a pretty big entry last time too. And if I have to host it elsewhere, that's fine too, I'm just trying to plan ahead as uploading this twice would take me 4 hours with my network speed, heh.

The entry can be a sample library. If someone would do a very high quality sample library, it would have real chances of winning a price. Even if it's a loop library.

DSmolken wrote:Yup, 2014 soundware winner was for Kontakt.

My entry it's about 260 MB and I can't upload,I will contact some admin and I will see if they allow more space for large files 8)
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

SampleScience wrote:The entry can be a sample library. If someone would do a very high quality sample library, it would have real chances of winning a price. Even if it's a loop library.
The only sample library with a chance of winning would be some cinematic strings made in sfz format because significant % of people don't have or don't like Kontakt which would drastically reduce to sound library made exclusively for Kontakt chances of winning.
You can make whatever HQ sound library you want, if it's not usable on a daily basis and if it's limited to certain genre - it won't receive enough voices to win.
People simply prefer more some good effect or good synth and if someone makes really good synth or effect it has really high chances of winning no matter what and sound library will simply have to be reaaaally exceptional and I don't think that anyone would do it because it's not worth making it for DC.

Hmmm... If something like SM Drums or Ivy Audio Piano In 162 was an entry two years ago, could it have won the grand prize?

Is a soundset of presets considered soundware, or does that term only refer to sample packs?

Edit* Seems so :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”