CL-Projects Linear series for Roland D-50 / D-550

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CL-Projects Linear series for Roland D-50 / D-550

The Roland D-50 was and still is one of my favourite synths of all time. I noticed that there weren't any patch banks dedicated to ambient pad sounds so i decided to make my own, first resulting in the Linear Universe sound bank and now the Linear Galaxy sound bank containing airy, ambient, astrological, atmopsheric, ethereal, mystic, planetary and spiritual sounds. The Linear Galaxy sound bank will breath new life into your Roland D-50.

The Linear series contains three products: Linear Universe, Linear Galaxy and the Linear Bundle. They're atmospheric and ambient patch banks for the Roland D-50 and D-550. The Linear Universe and Linear Galaxy patch banks contain 64 new and original patches (8 banks of 8 patches) each. The Linear Bundle contains these two patch banks for a combined cheaper price.The Linear Universe and Linear Galaxy sound banks focus mainly on atmospheric and ambient pad sounds demonstrating the full potential of the Roland D-50.

The sounds are very well suited to be used in ambient and new age music. Every musician who owns a D-50 synthesizer and plays ambient, new age music, should have these sound banks. You won't regret it.

Features:
- 128 patches (16 banks of 8 patches)
- Focuses on atmospheric and ambient pad sounds
- In SysEx bank and SysEx patch format
- Velocity and aftertouch responsive

Including:
- Installation instructions
- Patch List
- MIDI-OX MIDI Utility Program​

Contents:
- Linear Bundle SysEx files: 128 Single Patch and 2 Full Bank
- Linear Universe SysEx files: 64 Single Patch and 1 Full Bank
- Linear Galaxy SysEx files: 64 Single Patch and 1 Full Bank
- MIDI-OX MIDI Utility Program
- Linear Bundle Patch List
- Linear Bundle Installation
- Linear Bundle.png
- Linear Galaxy.png
- Linear Universe.png

Pricing:
- Linear Bundle: $35.99 / £27.99
- Linear Universe: $21.99 / £16.99
- Linear Galaxy: $21.99 / £16.99

Links:
- http://www.cl-projects-sound-design.com ... undle.html
- http://www.cl-projects-sound-design.com ... verse.html
- http://www.cl-projects-sound-design.com ... alaxy.html

https://soundcloud.com/cl-projects/sets ... ndle-demos

Frank, I hope this means there is a Deepflight 2 for Kontakt in the pipeline. :)

Indeed, but Deepflight is PNS ain't it ?

http://www.kontaktbanks.com/kb_deepflight_notes.html

dmbaer wrote:Frank, I hope this means there is a Deepflight 2 for Kontakt in the pipeline. :)
First of all, Deepflight is not a product from me but from Pinknoise :)
I'm not planning tp make a Kontakt version from these soundbanks. I'm concentrating on creating patches for Hardware and Software synthesizers at the moment. Kontakt has been put on hold for the time being.
Last edited by CL-Projects on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

CL-Projects wrote:
dmbaer wrote: First of all, Deepflight is not a product from me but from Pinknoise :)
:dog: :dog: :dog: :hihi:

Well, the more the merrier :)

We all want more sounds for that fine machine, either directly or via samples

Is Roland ever going to release the D-50 for Aria and VST?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

CL-Projects wrote:I'm not planning tp make a Kontakt version from these soundbanks. I'm concentrating on creating patches for Hardware and Software synthesizers at the moment. Kontakt has been put on hold for the time being.
That's a shame. :(
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

CL-Projects wrote:
dmbaer wrote:Frank, I hope this means there is a Deepflight 2 for Kontakt in the pipeline. :)

I'm not planning tp make a Kontakt version from these soundbanks. I'm concentrating on creating patches for Hardware and Software synthesizers at the moment. Kontakt has been put on hold for the time being.
I would urge you to reconsider as far as hardware goes.
There are 1000x the kontakt owners than a specific hardware owners.
Even for something as famous as the D-50.

These are wonderful Frank, and I've bought both of your soundbanks so far.
Keep up the great work - it's excellent to have a top level designer making modern, relevant patches for the beautiful Roland D50 :tu:

Ps, for those after Kontakt banks etc for the D50, in fairness the actual hardware synth itself can still be picked up for around £300-400. (The D550 usually even cheaper).

I take the point that not everyone wants the hardware, or has room for it, but for such a beautiful sounding synth, it is amazingly relatively cheap compared to other legendary synths.

Whilst I have various Kontakt / Reason soundbanks, including Deep Flight, of the D50, by comparison the hardware synth (perhaps unsurprisingly) really sounds much spacier, deeper and meatier: key factors which made the Roland D50 such a legendary synth.

Finally, there are a couple of brilliant sound designers making wonderful new banks for the Roland D50 since 2013, rather than just the usual cheesey soundbanks being recycled from the mid-1990s.
Frank is one of them (and in fairness to CL Projects, I won't state the other geezer's name here).

Return to “Soundware”