If I'm completely ITB, is an audio interface truly needed?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whenever I'm too lazy to work at my desktop with monitors, I just use a combined DAC/headphone amp from iBasso (the D6), which features two WM8740 DAC chips connected via the USB port on my Macbook Pro 2014. It provides respectable power, certainly more than enough to run my power hungry AKG 702 cans. In fact it performs better than even my Apollo card. Crisp, clear sound in a compact metal chassis, the size of a matchbox. Runs on USB power too. PS/- TB Isone is good to have as well.

I wonder why you bought such an interface in the first place since you record nothing. If indeed you don't plan to record anything by yourself, you're better off with an headphone amp or a monitor interface like tc electronic BMC-2 if you're using monitors.

lolilol1975 wrote:I wonder why you bought such an interface in the first place since you record nothing. If indeed you don't plan to record anything by yourself, you're better off with an headphone amp or a monitor interface like tc electronic BMC-2 if you're using monitors.
I said so in the first post. When I first got the interface, I had a few hardware synths I needed to connect.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”