Splice rent to own Serum plan, what do you think?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope the Splice/Serum collaboration was, and is, successful.

No posts since late August but I am curious. For any who are participating, any second thoughts?
바보

Would be great to see other companies doing this sort of thing. I know I'd own a few more synths if this was the case. As for the Splice/Serum rent to own deal it was a no brainer for me. Ten bucks a month compared to a hit of 180 at once is a lot easier to handle.

bftucker wrote:I hope the Splice/Serum collaboration was, and is, successful.

No posts since late August but I am curious. For any who are participating, any second thoughts?
Not a single regret. I have wanted Serum for some time but $180.00 out right is just a bit steep for my fixed income. $10.00 a month, however, is very doable.

I had no issues installing the Splice client under Windows 10. I had no problems installing Serum with all updates. I have a nice collection of Galbunum wave tables I purchased last year that were easy to add to my tables folder, and I am using Serum almost daily.

There are a couple of other big ticket synths and samplers that I wish had rent to own plans as I would jump on them in a heartbeat as well.

I went for the rent-to-own plan as well. Have worked flawlessly. Even though it´s the same amount of cash in the end, 10 USD a month is easier to manage.

Hopefully more companies will adopt this in the future.

I'm really hoping they introduce rent to own for something like Falcon which is more expensive than your average softsynth.

skyscape wrote:I'm really hoping they introduce rent to own for something like Falcon which is more expensive than your average softsynth.
I would be all over a rent to own option for Falcon. Even on sale, it is just too big a hit at one time for me financially, and I would love to have it!

Well, to get this thread back to life again, I'm also jumping into the rent-to-own plan. I really like the sound of this synth, and it's not hard to use. It is a great companion for U-he ACE, one is very digital and the other is a bit more analog sounding :D

Now 8 months since the plan got launched, I am also curious how it has turned out for those buying into it so far.

Everything has gone according to plan with payments, and updates?

Nothing untoward
Amazon: why not use an alternative

skyscape wrote:I'm really hoping they introduce rent to own for something like Falcon which is more expensive than your average softsynth.
Or Omnisphere.

i jumped on the Serum plan when it started, had no problems with payments and updates, smooth sailing all the way

It's a great sounding synth. I don'the use it all that often, but at 9 bucks a month it's a no brainer.
Last edited by W23 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is pretty great that you can pause and restart anytime you want to, without having to email anyone and without losing anything.
I had to pause it 2 times due to budget problems, super simple both to cancel and restart.

How does it work once you've fully paid? Since Serum is connected to the Splice app while making monthly payments, does one receive a new version of the plug that doesn't need to be connected to Splice once it's been paid for? Thanks in advance.

chk071 wrote:
Or Omnisphere.
Absolutely, Omnisphere is way too expensive for me to lay down all the cash at once.

I'd really like to see a rent-to-own option for Native Instruments Komplete as there is no way I'll be able to pay for it in one go.

Return to “Instruments”