Reggae Fusion with ethical message...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a song I wrote alongside with two other musicians to help bring awareness to certain exploitations in this world. This song happens to be focusing on the Rent A Rasta phenomenon in Jamaica.

It would be nice to get some feedback from those in the community who take a listen. May true love and respect prevail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViF6-wS ... e=youtu.be

Thanks for posting. Good stuff, although I generally prefer reggae with a rawer sound. I'd never heard of that phenomenon, so you've reached 1 person already.

I'll preface any comments with an admission that I'm no expert on reggae, although I do get a lot of it coming through the floor on weekends from the neighbours...

It's a nice balanced mix, a good song and arrangement and the playing is excellent. What I'd suggest perhaps to really take it a bit further is to be a bit more aggressive with the spot delays etc and crank up the feedback now and then. From my limited expereince of all things 'dub' and stuff there are a few good vst delays for this such as bionic supa-delay, the CM PSP one, and one by Klanglabs (which I can't remember the name of - too many bloody plug-ins!)

Anyhow, I enjoyed it so nice work!

Really nice tune and instrumentation vata44.
Very fresh message too.

However, for my tastes, your vocal is a tad too dry and doesn't gel as well as it should with the background instruments (and their reverbs).
Also, some of your words are getting lost (volume wise) on occasions, so you will have to ride the faders again.

Overall, a very good reggae tune.

Very fine smooth piece. I like it a lot :tu:
Excuses for not being in the theme lyrically and political.
So my judgement goes for the song, the singing and the arrangement and mix. Great guitar-licks.
Just a pleasure to listen to this. Nothing to nitpick. Will listen to this not for the last time :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Very nice job overall. :tu:

I agree with dark water's comments on the vocal -- it should be louder with more reverb. It is getting lost in the mix. You could also consider doing a more passionate vocal that conveys anger and outrage consistent with the message of lyrics.

Return to “Music Cafe”