UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Charlie Firpo wrote:That worked great! Thank you so much for your help Simon!
My pleasure.

Man, I really wish this thing had an undo function, I accidentally deleated an LFO from the Macro section in the edit tab trying to select it.

Undo would be really cool...

(Kontakt has it ;))

EvilDragon wrote:Undo would be really cool...

(Kontakt has it ;))
...and a horrible GUI :D

...and multicore processing ;)

Kontakt and Falcon are two amazing instruments (and hard to classify either) :hihi:

Fortunately, they don't overlap (much) :D
Fernando (FMR)

EvilDragon wrote:...and multicore processing ;)
Well, you won :tu:

Why not add GPU?

Multicore is ok, but mainly good for studio work. Many calculations rely on speed per core, more than on number of cores.

GPU beats both.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

GPU processing adds latency. Plus it doesn't lend itself well to serial processing (which majority of things in a virtual instrument is, in fact).

Sometimes the undo feature of a plug-in turns out to be more trouble than it is worth. The undo tracking feature in Blue Cat Audio's PatchWork VST causes frustrating preset loading problems, such that it is best disabled. Unfortunately, the flawed feature is enabled by default for every insert in PatchWork. :dog:

I sure wish I could change that default behavior.

It is very frustrating to have to consciously remember to disable it for every newly added insert. :x
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
Sometimes the undo feature of a plug-in turns out to be more trouble than it is worth. The undo tracking feature in Blue Cat Audio's PatchWork VST causes frustrating preset loading problems, such that it is best disabled. Unfortunately, the flawed feature is enabled by default for every insert in PatchWork. :dog:

It is very frustrating to have to consciously remember to disable it for every newly added insert. :x
Did you tell the dev?
To my knowledge he is pretty responsive.

nordickvr wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:

Did you tell the dev?
To my knowledge he is pretty responsive.
He is aware about the issue with the Serum/Serum FX plug-ins (I believe you were on that thread). I did not tell him about how painfully slow large presets take to load in Kontakt when undo tracking is enabled.

I did not think to request a feature enhancement to allow for disabling undo tracking by default; perhaps I will do that now. :idea:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

fmr wrote:Kontakt and Falcon are two amazing instruments (and hard to classify either) :hihi:

don' t forget HALion, its amazing too and HALion 6 is on the way. The beta status ends soon.

maximoog wrote:
fmr wrote:Kontakt and Falcon are two amazing instruments (and hard to classify either) :hihi:

don' t forget HALion, its amazing too and HALion 6 is on the way. The beta status ends soon.
I don't. They make a kind of Holy Trinity of samplers to me ;-)

Glad to know about HALion 6. I hope the upgrade doesn't cost much :oops:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
maximoog wrote:

I don't. They make a kind of Holy Trinity of samplers to me ;-)

Glad to know about HALion 6. I hope the upgrade doesn't cost much :oops:
The Update from HAL 4 to 5 was 99€/$.

Return to “Instruments”