RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

@wagtunes:
I read your opinion the first time. And I accepted it. I also read it a second and third time. I acknowledged it. And I read it the 4th and 5th time. I noticed it. To be honest, and no offend, it slowly becomes annoying. Do not wonder if I suddenly start to not respond to you anymore.
You now wrote multiple times that in your business view, it is to expensive without import feature. Good, I get that, and in my defense I wrote multiple times that it will be implemented.

So, I don't know what you want to hear from me. You complain and fear that you wouln't sell much soundsets for Rapid, but do you also understand that it's not really helpful for your sales statistics to scare away people with constant price complains? If you really want to improve your soundset sales for Rapid, why not think positive once in a while and show people some of your best created sounds. The last tutorial is not a good representation of that, and I'm sorry to say that.

Edit:
Show me sounds, ask for support, request features, whatever. That is all fine. But please do NOT respond with another price complain. The last 39 pages are enough.
Last edited by parawave on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...I cannot even look at his avatar any more... but pssst!
The average bored guy

[REMOVED]
Last edited by wagtunes on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[REMOVED]
Last edited by wagtunes on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I watched wagtunes video, it is not a review, it is a rant.

For everybody else, I am bowing out of this thread until my library is done. I don't need the drama.

I've said my peace and I'm done. Whatever will be will be.

I wish the synth success, period.

Bye for now.

Thank you Wag!
The average bored guy

wagtunes wrote:Well, not the best way to talk to your customers but whatever.

As for my tutorial, it wasn't meant as a paragon of sound design. It was just to show people how easy the synth is to use. Sorry if it didn't meet up to your standards. I guess when you PM'd me bugging me to do the review for you, I should have just ignored you. But I didn't. You asked me for a favor and I complied and now this is how you speak to me?

I hope I am wrong. I hope your synth is a success. But I just lost whatever respect I had for you as a person.

This is why I choose to work alone.
This is a public forum and independent from regular customer support you would receive via email, don't forget that. You criticized the price in almost every of your previous posts in this thread. And now when I criticize you once you feel attacked? This is a discussion. You tell me your opinion, and I tell you mine. I have not asked for a favor, you mentioned you had planned an impression video and I just reminded you, because I was legitimately curious about you opinion of the sound. Not another price rant.

Stanoli wrote:I watched wagtunes video, it is not a review, it is a rant.
To me its neither of the above more like a general overview of just some of things Rapid is capable of.
I watched the whole thing and although I am not a fan of Wags presentation mainly due to the background hiss I think he covered just enough to justify its creation.
Sure the end part of the video includes a bit of Wags personal thoughts but suggest its a rant is a bit unfair.

Personally I am not a huge fan of these workstation style Synths but each to their own as the old cliché goes.

LOL, what a wreck of a thread - another synth release down the drain.

bite_me wrote: I don´t need sample/WT import.
This would make it even more complicated for me. Having too many options kills the flow.
This.

I'm still not sure if I'm buying Rapid or not, but if i decide against it, it will be not because of the lack of WT import. I really love the concept of this synth and I like that is has its own distinctive sonic character.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

parawave wrote: This is a discussion. You tell me your opinion, and I tell you mine. I have not asked for a favor, you mentioned you had planned an impression video and I just reminded you, because I was legitimately curious about you opinion of the sound. Not another price rant.
You kind of put the accent in "the sound". Frankly, it never crossed my mind that a commercial synth, even if it was in the $99 price range, would not have a good/great sound. No matter how subjective that is, the "sound" could never be a reason to price a synth higher. Basically any commercial synth out there (and they can be counted by dozens) have a good/great sound (depending on the hears and personal taste of the people classifying them). TAL synths, for example, cost € 60,00 and they sound really great. I criticized Roland plug-out synths because, IMO, they didn't deserve the price asked - yet they sound great, in the opinion of basically anyone.

So, we have to judge a synth based on the price/features ratio, and on the price of comparable offers. That's what have been done here - comparing Rapid with other synths that have a comparable set of features, and taking some conclusions based on that comparison. I don't remember having read anyone here saying that the synth didn't sound good. But that's just a member of the equation, and there are several others.

I know that you promised the features I earlier said are fundamental to me, but experience told me to never buy software based on future expectations. We have to buy anything for what is ALREADY there. If there's something missing, it may or may not be added in the future (and that addition may or may not be paid). If and when it is added, it's time then to re-evaluate the thing.
Fernando (FMR)

What i don't get is the notorious rants about the price. How difficult is it to just not buy, if you're not content with the price? But noooo... i have to convince everyone else that the price sucks too. Thanks god for open forums, and social media, so everyone who should not have any right to voice his opinion agitates as freely, and as much as he wants. You know, freedom sucks sometimes, at least with the people constantly abusing freedom. Maybe one time step back from your customer position, and think about how it is for the companies. Noone, i repeat noone in this business apart from very few big players really earns a fortune in this business. Waldorf, one of the biggest german synth companies has a few employees, and even went bankrupt once. Shouldn't that tell us all something? There is no big, multim whatever corporation in this business. Time to realize that, and get off your monkey ass opinion, and simply not buy, if you don't want to. That's better than trashing honest, and hard working businesses with forum spam, from people who basically don't know shit about their business.

kurodo wrote:
To me its neither of the above more like a general overview of just some of things Rapid is capable of.
I watched the whole thing and although I am not a fan of Wags presentation mainly due to the background hiss I think he covered just enough to justify its creation.
Sure the end part of the video includes a bit of Wags personal thoughts but suggest its a rant is a bit unfair.

Personally I am not a huge fan of these workstation style Synths but each to their own as the old cliché goes.
Well the priceissue was a bit overemphasized for my taste.
And that is not very helpful to support the synth.

Anyway, I own Rapid and it sounds and works great.

Nevertheless I still would like to see/hear a new way of using the 8 layers.
All I see (also in the Avengervideos) is that the 8 layers are used like a Mini-Sequencerprogram to play whole songs, which is kind of boring, because Roland, Korg and Yamaha synths did that already in the 90s.

Where are the 8 layer sounds that cover new ground?
Oh and with Omnisphere this 8 Layering is possible since several years.

Right. To say there are a lot of pointless Attack samples shows me, that there is not enough creativity. sure I created a lot of attack samples, because they are very very, f**king very necessary. Create a lead, a bass or a pluck sound You like and add one of the attack presets will give the sound the character it needs. Take a sound like a guita or a piano and cut away the attack, it doesn't sound as well as it is. really, try it. ;-)

The review doesn't show what RAPID is able to do. How clean the effects are, how dynamic the Arp is, how powerful the sequencer is, how strong the filters are, how innovative the "per voice" insert effects are,...

Maybe I should do some videos to show some of You, what the hell is possible with this freaky synth. And I think after that, You will not say "the price is too high", anymore. ;-)

Return to “Instruments”