RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Mirko R. wrote:
Stanoli wrote:I watched wagtunes video, it is not a review, it is a rant.
Right. To say there are a lot of pointless Attack samples shows me, that there is not enough creativity. sure I created a lot of attack samples, because they are very very, f**king very necessary. Create a lead, a bass or a pluck sound You like and add one of the attack presets will give the sound the character it needs. Take a sound like a guita or a piano and cut away the attack, it doesn't sound as well as it is. really, try it. ;-)

The review doesn't show what RAPID is able to do. How clean the effects are, how dynamic the Arp is, how powerful the sequencer is, how strong the filters are, how innovative the "per voice" insert effects are,...

Maybe I should do some videos to show some of You, what the hell is possible with this freaky synth. And I think after that, You will not say "the price is too high", anymore. ;-)
As I said in the video, if you actually bothered to listen to what I said, this wasn't meant as an in depth "here's what every f**king control is capable of doing" tutorial. It was just to give people a general idea of how easy it is to create a patch using Rapid.

Sorry that I didn't spend 5 f**king hours boring people to death tweaking knobs until everything was just right.

Next time I'll do an all day live stream for anybody who wants to sit through how I actually design patches when I'm working.

fmr wrote:I know that you promised the features I earlier said are fundamental to me, but experience told me to never buy software based on future expectations. We have to buy anything for what is ALREADY there. If there's something missing, it may or may not be added in the future (and that addition may or may not be paid). If and when it is added, it's time then to re-evaluate the thing.
It's not that I mean the current product is worth 150€ and the remaining 60€ dollar will be delivered later. Based on the feature set, the possibilities and the included content it is worth 210€, but to soothe the subjective spooky feeling/fear that it is too much for a synth I mention that as an extra it will be a good investment, because the mentioned future updated will be delivered without additional fee. So no vaporware.

Yes, it's not all about the sound. But instead of comparing the prices again and again until overflow, why not compare sonic capabilities and features the right way at least once. Why is there no indepth discussion about the use and sound character?

Better CPU use than Serum.
Better Arpeggiator than Sylenth1.
Better open layer architecture than Nexus 2.
Easier to design sounds than in Zebra2.
And a good sonic character like Diva.

Rapid doesn't beat every single synth in its prime category. If it could do that, it would cost 500$. Obviously it can't beat Serum in terms of wavetable editing, but people are picking on exatly that. Let me ask a few questions:
Does Serum have an arpeggiator? Can Serum use 24 wavetable oscillator? Does Diva have a wavetable editor? How many layers and arpeggiators can Zebra2 use, is it easier to modulate?

Combine the extensive feature set and see Rapid in it's intended use-case, then you will get the pricing. That's all behind that.

wagtunes wrote:
Mirko R. wrote:
Stanoli wrote:I watched wagtunes video, it is not a review, it is a rant.
Right. To say there are a lot of pointless Attack samples shows me, that there is not enough creativity. sure I created a lot of attack samples, because they are very very, f**king very necessary. Create a lead, a bass or a pluck sound You like and add one of the attack presets will give the sound the character it needs. Take a sound like a guita or a piano and cut away the attack, it doesn't sound as well as it is. really, try it. ;-)

The review doesn't show what RAPID is able to do. How clean the effects are, how dynamic the Arp is, how powerful the sequencer is, how strong the filters are, how innovative the "per voice" insert effects are,...

Maybe I should do some videos to show some of You, what the hell is possible with this freaky synth. And I think after that, You will not say "the price is too high", anymore. ;-)
As I said in the video, if you actually bothered to listen to what I said, this wasn't meant as an in depth "here's what every f**king control is capable of doing" tutorial. It was just to give people a general idea of how easy it is to create a patch using Rapid.

Sorry that I didn't spend 5 f**king hours boring people to death tweaking knobs until everything was just right.

Next time I'll do an all day live stream for anybody who wants to sit through how I actually design patches when I'm working.
Replace the parts/the time in your video where you're saying how expensive RAPID is. Than you don't need 5 hours. ;-)

parawave wrote:
fmr wrote:I know that you promised the features I earlier said are fundamental to me, but experience told me to never buy software based on future expectations. We have to buy anything for what is ALREADY there. If there's something missing, it may or may not be added in the future (and that addition may or may not be paid). If and when it is added, it's time then to re-evaluate the thing.
It's not that I mean the current product is worth 150€ and the remaining 60€ dollar will be delivered later. Based on the feature set, the possibilities and the included content it is worth 210€, but to soothe the subjective spooky feeling/fear that it is too much for a synth I mention that as an extra it will be a good investment, because the mentioned future updated will be delivered without additional fee. So no vaporware.

Yes, it's not all about the sound. But instead of comparing the prices again and again until overflow, why not compare sonic capabilities and features the right way at least once. Why is there no indepth discussion about the use and sound character?

Rapid doesn't beat every single synth in its prime category. If it could do that, it would cost 500$. Obviously it can't beat Serum in terms of wavetable editing, but people are picking on exatly that. Let me ask a few questions:
Does Serum have an arpeggiator? Can Serum use 24 wavetable oscillator? Does Diva have a wavetable editor? How many layers and arpeggiators can Zebra2 use, is it easier to modulate?

Combine the extensive feature set and see Rapid in it's intended use-case, then you will get the pricing. That's all behind that.
Since I owe you an apology for derailing this thread, let's forget about price and talk about all this.
Check, check, check, check and check.

What I love about Rapid.

1) Amazing sound. Nice, rich, lush.

2) Great FX. Delay in particular is killer.

3) One of the most versatile sequencers I have ever seen.

4) 8 layers to work with so all kinds of splits and layers are possible.

5) Good, usable filters. Not the most or the best, but good enough. No real complaints here.

6) OSC FX. Not something you find on every synth.

7) 32 modulation slots per layer.

8) 7 FX slots per layer.

9) And finally, one of the easiest "complex" synths I have ever programmed. A child could program this thing.

Hope that makes up for all the bad blood.

I love this synth for what it is. Hopefully, others will look at it for what it is and govern themselves according to their own wants and needs and ultimately Rapid will find its market just like every other synth.

There. Now nobody has to bother watching my videos. In fact, I'm probably going to remove them from Youtube or just edit my posts.

a review is useful if it is honest. wagtunes did it and it was his opinion. everyone has to decide on their own how valueable this review was. i watched it and there are good points in it. and i totally agree, he's not the only one complaining about the price. even after people demoing it (including me) there is this opinion.

i personally don't need more "bought" reviews from fanboys (or people that are involved) who of course will praise the product. no product is perfect and if someone tells me he has one, he's lieing. i want reviews that also show me the bad things on a product/company so that there are no negative surprises.

also i'd love to see the pros/cons of rapid in real life cases. it is nice it can handle 8 layers which can play a song but this is not a 24/7 working case. i'd like to see what i can't do with other synths.

i could easily do one by myself, too. but besides the good things everyone would also see for example how slow the presets load or how i got annoyed by some wavetables or the installer and the price. this would be honest too. if it fits to your or to the general opinion or not, wouldn't matter.
and if someone says rapid is cool but i wouldn't buy it because the dev is unfair since he wants customer to beg for personal discounts (which some get and some don't), then this is also a opinion.

wagtunes wrote:There. Now nobody has to bother watching my videos. In fact, I'm probably going to remove them from Youtube or just edit my posts.
No don't do that. Nothing against your opinion. Actually I did not mind the first video. My critic was for the second video and more meant as "try to improve". Improvement is not a bad thing, it's a goal. Objectively it's just, for the length, there was not much to hear synth wise (no filter, no insert, no fx). But ok, good tutorials are hard to achieve. That's one of the reasons why we haven't create one yet.

The attitude of the devs leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That and the poor demo restrictions means a big no go here.

Its nothing new so i dont feel im missing out.

Okay, I have gone through this entire thread and have deleted all my negative comments about price. I will never bring it up again.

I have also removed the links to the YouTube videos as it appears I did not do the synth justice with them.

I did leave up my comments about the download speed and sequencer quirks as I feel they are important so others will know what to expect.

I do not have the time to sit down and do a true in depth tutorial on patch creation that will do this synth justice, so I will leave that to more capable hands.

My apologies to the developer and the rest of the forum.

If I have anything else to add to this thread in the future, it will be in assistance nature only (to answer prospective users questions if possible) and that's it.

I am bowing out of the drama. It's not good for the developer or me.

AnX wrote:The attitude of the devs leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That and the poor demo restrictions means a big no go here.
The dev is totally a jerk, right? Posting his own opinion, how could he!? He should bow to his customers and thank them for every attention he gets. I personally think he should sell Rapid for 99$, because that's my opinion, and that is what counts, right? And of course, the demo version is too restricting, the full 2GB content should be provided. Also all layers and the save and load function, so we could use the full version and then decide later if we want to pay or not. Probably not paying, because whatever. Every synth can produce the exact same sounds.

Just a polemical combination of different posts. It's meant as joke, ok? Just a warning before we trigger another 5 page discussion : D

@wagtunes:
Okay, deleting it was not really necessary. But good that we can settle this topic in a friendly way. Thank you for your understanding!

---

Can we not take things personally now? We can now go back to the boring non-heated stuff, but I'm sure we can find another heated topic in here.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I have gone through this entire thread and have deleted all my negative comments about price. I will never bring it up again.

I have also removed the links to the YouTube videos as it appears I did not do the synth justice with them.
I don't know what happened behind the scenes but with this kind of cencoring you didn't do a favor to yourself nor to the dev... BTW there will be others writing about the price so there was no point in deleting that from your posts :D

parawave wrote:
AnX wrote:The attitude of the devs leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That and the poor demo restrictions means a big no go here.
The dev is totally a jerk, right? Posting his own opinion, how could he!? He should bow to his customers and thank them for every attention he gets. I personally think he should sell Rapid for 99$, because that's my opinion, and that is what counts, right? And of course, the demo version is too restricting, the full 2GB content should be provided. Also all layers and the save and load function, so we could use the full version and then decide later if we want to pay or not. Probably not paying, because whatever. Every synth can produce the exact same sounds.
No interest in content or saving/loading. Its the 20 mins thats the crippler.

parawave wrote:

Just a polemical combination of different posts. It's meant as joke, ok? Just a warning before we trigger another 5 page discussion : D

@wagtunes:
Okay, deleting it was not really necessary. But good that we can settle this topic in a friendly way. Thank you for your understanding!

---

Can we not take thins personally now? We can now go back again to the boring non-heated stuff. But I'm sure we can find another heated topic in here.
I just don't want to add to the negativity in this thread anymore. Trust me, there will still be more than enough people to do that. In fact, if you go back to the very beginning of this thread before I ever got involved, I wasn't the first one to bring up the issue that I will no longer harp on. I just seemed to be the loudest and for that, I'm sorry.

Boring stuff? Nothing really boring about this synth. I still can't find a use for the macros but I never could in any synth. I prefer to use mod wheel and other forms of modulation to change things. But I know some people love 'em and can't get enough of 'em. If you had left them out, I wouldn't have noticed.

With all the great organ sounds this thing can make, maybe a rotary FX in the far future? That would be nice. Formant filter would also be nice but not a must have.

Anyway, that's it from me. I'm just going to go back, make my library and trust that the market for this will work itself out.

Soundplex wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, I have gone through this entire thread and have deleted all my negative comments about price. I will never bring it up again.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes but with this kind of cencoring you didn't do a favor to yourself nor to the dev... BTW there will be others writing about the price so there was no point in deleting that from your posts :D
Yeah, well, what can I tell you? I'm tired of the negativity around here and don't want to be a part of it anymore. The videos are still up on YouTube if anybody wants to watch them.

Mirko R. wrote: Maybe I should do some videos
Seriously, just make a series of short videos - you or @parawave - with no audio comments only subtitles where necessary, with the "bullet points" of the synth. Meanwhile I am patiently waiting for macOS demo.

I have been hesitant to chime in again, but am only doing so because I think the dev may have some long term potential. I should be the ideal customer for a product like this. I support new and small devs whenever I can and I like to try new things, but every aspect of the rollout of this RAPID has turned me off from buying it. I hope the dev takes the suggestions from others in this thread very seriously, because there is clearly some talent in terms of the instrument itself, but the business plan is completely offputting to me. I wish him luck in the future and hope things work out.

Return to “Instruments”