skins for discoDSP's OB-Xd synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

From the READ ME file:
"Make OB-Xd folder in your Documents location.
Put Skins / Blue / main.png file to Documents / OB-Xd / main.png.
Classic skin: Put Skins / Classic folder to Documents / OB-Xd / Classic."

Mmh... what happens when you also remove the main.png, and have only the Totolitoto skin folder in the Documents/OB-Xd folder?

You have to create a "Classic" folder otherwise the main.png of the classic skin (my skin) is applied to the normal skin
Dunno what happens if you remove the main.png, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as the Classic folder is there

Totolitoto wrote:You have to create a "Classic" folder otherwise the main.png of the classic skin (my skin) is applied to the normal skin
Dunno what happens if you remove the main.png, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as the Classic folder is there
If you remove both the folder and the Main.png, then OB-Xd works with the original (grey) skin. To have the Classic skin working, you must have JUST the Classic folder inside the OB-Xd folder, with all the elements belonging to it inside (not the Main.png outside - that has to go)
Fernando (FMR)

George wrote:Have you checked the video tutorials? ;)
I had.. but I'm terribly impatient at the moment, so I stopped watching halfway after the main.png was copied to the documents/ob-xd folder... :dog:

Now it works. :)
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Ok cheers :)

Would be nice if somebody could make/show exact skin change instructions for the Win OS as well? The info inside the package doesn't work here for updated Win10.

Basically: Create a new folder in your Documents folder, named "OB-Xd". Copy the "main.png" from the plugin folder, under /Skins/Blue to the new folder, and also copy the folder of the desired skin to the new folder. That should work, it works here on Windows 10.

Thanks chk071. Maybe I should've added that I have already tried all these target folder options:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=387568&p=6592717&hi ... x#p6592717

But...I finally got it working. It seems here on my PC the skin files/folders must go under This PC/Documents/OB-Xd. Oh, and Totolitotos skin is a beauty, thanks for that.
Last edited by subterfuge on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, yeah, might be a user account depending thing. E.g., if you run your DAW as an admin user, and you're logged on with a normal user account, the skins should go into the admin users Documents folder, as the plugin will read them from there then, when you run the DAW as an admin user.

Yes, different accounts may make a difference too....maybe the devs could elaborate on that? At any rate, I never run any normal software as an admin user, only some security related stuff occasionally.

OB-XD can be run without any admin permissions ;)

Before discoDSP took the helm with OB-Xd's development, I've been privately tinkering with skinning the Classic mode of OB-Xd, and decided to try my hand at creating a skin inspired by the Oberheim SEM, Two-Voice, Four-Voice and Eight-Voice synthesizers, right down to the slide switches (courtesy of G200KG's Knobman Gallery):
SEM Preview.png

Feel free to make any modifications to the skin as you see fit.

Download:
https://app.box.com/s/h8qonz0w0mkcsvy7l5ruxvb38o1x3jxa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All of my patches and skins were thoroughly scanned and tested negative for viruses prior to uploading. If your antivirus or anti-malware programs say otherwise, please let me know and I will immediately replace the file.

Wow that's awesome thanks ! I could look at that all day with no eye strain. :tu:

(Perhaps a little more contrast on the slider switches to help see what position they are in ? ) :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”