Favorite UI - most pleasing to the eyes...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote:SMH this is going to go down hill so fast. You kids have awful taste.
NUGEN
zynaptiq
Unfiltered audio
honorable mention and shout out to tone boosters bus compressor
To save you all searching for them:

---------------------------------------
Hmm, quite a lot of variation in this thread (not just Dasheesh's list, but the whole thread.).

Would anyone be brave enough to extract the features / qualities that those GUIs have in common - that may be one small step towards a "GUI design for everybody". Or is that an impossible dream?
Last edited by DarkStar on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Always been a fan of Nugen and Zynaptiq UIs, but never owned any of their products.

A few more favs:

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

fmr wrote: Looks great :love: Is it available in the usual repository?
http://www.volta.kapetan.net
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

e@rs wrote:
fmr wrote:
shroom81 wrote:This skin for Diva is the best!

Looks great :love: Is it available in the usual repository?
You have to buy it.
I know but for 11€ and looking that good it's a nobrainer
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Image
I don't see how you find 16-color palette attractive :-? Reminds me of Pac-Man and ZX Spectrum age.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

flux is aces...IRCAM is hot stuff.

Unfortunately I don't own any of these except unfiltered audio because they are all the devils play things, but you asked for the most pleasing to look at.

[quote="DarkStar"
Would anyone be brave enough to extract the features / qualities that those GUIs have in common - that may be one small step towards a "GUI design for everybody". Or is that an impossible dream?[/quote]

They are made for computer screens and are beautiful to work with.

I love the Hofa stuff too!

I like the sound radix stuff too! :)

I wonder if people who grew up playing a lot of video games tend to like multi/brightly colored GUIs while people who grew up using music hardware tend to prefer realistic GUIs that mimic hardware. Curious if there is some correlation.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I wonder if people who grew up playing a lot of video games tend to like multi/brightly colored GUIs while people who grew up using music hardware tend to prefer realistic GUIs that mimic hardware. Curious if there is some correlation.
You'll find that fake 3D GUIs are mostly wanted by those who've never touched a piece hardware in their lives, and still can't afford any.

But yeah, people who are generally adept with computers and focus on the music tend to prefer efficient, functional design over "shadows" and pixel chrome.

Teksonik wrote:I wonder if people who grew up playing a lot of video games tend to like multi/brightly colored GUIs while people who grew up using music hardware tend to prefer realistic GUIs that mimic hardware. Curious if there is some correlation.

Nope, I like things that don't try to be something they are not, but are the best at what they are!

The IZOTOPE stuff is pretty to work with.

There are some drop dead gorgeous eq plugins out there in the world. The high end stuff. Not ones I've played with because all that stuff is ILOK'd and forbidden to use for us mortals, but there are some really well done ones out there!

TBH I like the way the studio one DAW looks and feels.

I don't know how to post pictures here but maybe this will worK?

Return to “Instruments”