Favorite UI - most pleasing to the eyes...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I figured it out. :hihi:

.jon wrote: You'll find that fake 3D GUIs are mostly wanted by those who've never touched a piece hardware in their lives, and still can't afford any.

But yeah, people who are generally adept with computers and focus on the music tend to prefer efficient, functional design over "shadows" and pixel chrome.
Ummm let's see what's word I'm looking for here.....Bullsh*t.

I prefer the hardware look and I have owned a lot of hardware....still do. Been using computers since the 1980's. I like GUIs that look like tools and not toys. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You guys get the point. I'm done.

So it seems like a lot of people prefer GUIs that look like someone ate a box of crayons, dropped acid, then vomited all over them........ :lol:

Ok fair enough. To each his own. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:So it seems like a lot of people prefer GUIs that look like someone ate a box of crayons, dropped acid, then vomited all over them........ :lol:

That would be WAVES.

Dasheesh wrote:
Teksonik wrote:So it seems like a lot of people prefer GUIs that look like someone ate a box of crayons, dropped acid, then vomited all over them........ :lol:

That would be WAVES.

Although I do like the multi comp thing they got...the c6 or what ever it is, but it's too small.

Oh yeah, I saw that someone threw up that pocket modular skin for zebra...that guy does some killer U-he skins. I use the Bazille one myself! Word up for plugmon.

http://plugmon.org/freebies/

.jon wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I wonder if people who grew up playing a lot of video games tend to like multi/brightly colored GUIs while people who grew up using music hardware tend to prefer realistic GUIs that mimic hardware. Curious if there is some correlation.
You'll find that fake 3D GUIs are mostly wanted by those who've never touched a piece hardware in their lives, and still can't afford any.

But yeah, people who are generally adept with computers and focus on the music tend to prefer efficient, functional design over "shadows" and pixel chrome.
Well, I grew up with hardware. And some pretty ugly hardware to boot. The 3D stuff doesn't bother me either way. Just let me be able to read all the controls clearly and I'm good to go. If it's 3D, fine. If it looks like something out of an Atari 2600 that's fine too. Just let me be able to read everything.

wagtunes wrote: Well, I grew up with hardware. And some pretty ugly hardware to boot. The 3D stuff doesn't bother me either way. Just let me be able to read all the controls clearly and I'm good to go. If it's 3D, fine. If it looks like something out of an Atari 2600 that's fine too. Just let me be able to read everything.
Ditto. All this ado about 3D vs flat vs skeuomorphic doesn't concern me, since I've seen the entire spectrum of awesome to terrible designs in all of them. Give me a good looking UI that is legible, laid out in an intuitive manner, and not using horrid color combinations (e.g., Izotope's fugly green and red) and I'm happy. 8)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

wagtunes wrote: And some pretty ugly hardware to boot.
I've never thought about it before but looking back I don't ever remember thinking any of the dozens of hardware synths, effects, etc I've owned was "ugly". Most were muted grey or black with a reasonable amount of colors for the controls so perhaps that's why find I find plugins that are too colorful a bit toyish. I started making computer based music on an Atari 520 ST on which all the software was flat so when I see flat GUIs now I don't think "modern" to my eyes they look "old fashioned". Of course functionality is of the most importance but if I can find something that is both highly functional and pleasing to my eyes then I'm happy.

They make new hardware really pretty blinky blinky, and colourful these days. Especially midi controllers come with loads of differently coloured LED's these days... definitely makes me think of toys you'd give children to play with.

more old favourites ...

:tu: I do like the WOW filter.

Return to “Instruments”