RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Oh wow! :o

What's been going on here lately, sad to see the thread turned a different note :neutral:

I'm really quite puzzled, this is such a cool synth and I've been having so much fun exploring this beauty. Been doing little else since it was released :hyper:

I can only interpret it as a good sign though - the synth is really awesome and has lots of potential, if only ....

To add a little more positivity to the thread, I'd like to thank parawave and mirko for creating and designing the synth, since I don't think I've done so yet. I LOVE it!! :love:

I've finally got around to hearing the factory presets and they are awesome. I have listen and played with every wavetable and sample and they are all tasteful and useful. Ace across the board.

Would love to save preset fx chains and individual layers, if it isn't already possible but I over looked.

A cutoff spread for the excellent unison, similar to lush's, this is such a beautiful thing. In fact I'll make a video to demonstrate what I mean.

Heres that vid :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dVY6z3 ... e=youtu.be

Filters are great, but I'd love to have a super clear one for self oscillating.

As many more nature and effects samples, like crickets, cicadas, more birds, etc, but when sample import comes this would be mute, so low priority.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

My opinion:

- Great sound

- Very easy on the CPU . :)

- Ease of use

- Great 'content volume' .:)

:tu:
Last edited by ZeePok on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

Awesome! Let's continue with the positive -- love hearing it!

Here's Demo Track, Two, or three is it? from init :hyper: Just a super rough sketch of where I'm at with it :)

Going absolutely crazy with the arps!! :D

https://soundcloud.com/touch_the_univer ... ack-2-arps
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

And another one :hyper:

Demo 4 -- which actually has a title -- Azure Sky. This one is special and will have lots more work to it before finished.

https://soundcloud.com/touch_the_univer ... -azure-sky

Off to finish off that Goa Trance one, already the new version is at five minutes, just need final tweakings :)

TTU Youtube

Based on what I've seen of the dev's apparent inability to relate well with customers
and potential customers. I'm not even interested in demoing this product and would be
surprised if it has much future at all.

Which is a shame, as the synth itself clearly deserves better. People are rarely
going to be completely satisfied with any product. IME, defending against attacks or
arguing your position as the developer is never going to go well.

Better not to say anything, which is how many developers do it.
Or hire a community relations manager for Pete's sake.

My 2 cents...

Sry to interrupt TTU's positive vibe.

and this is why devs leave KVR, so many jerks here.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Hey there
Thank you for creating such an exciting new synth! It is definitely a breath of fresh air and inspiration. It is hard to write review after all the drama posted earlier- I have no intention to contribute to negativity or worry about being politically correct and balance positive and negative comments. I enjoyed 2 evenings I had with this instrument and looking forward to use it in my next production.
My experience and observation:
The installation process was easy. There was no way to choose to only install 64 bit- it installed 32 bits first, then 64 bits, then I ran separate installer for the sound content. When I attempted to use it in Cakewalk Sonar, it only was available as 32 bits version. My first impression- evening one is from using 32 bit as 64 bit was not available. I was looking for it everywhere. I have multiple VST locations on my computer and none of them contained Rapid.dll 64 bit. I had to contact Parawave and ask where it could be. I would recommend to make a note of the location when it installs- it looked familiar, I did not pay attention where it installed and then had problem to find it. It was under C/Program Files/Common files, but it created its own folder and Sonar did not scan in it.
I activated 32 bit version with the serial number and it froze after the installation. Not whole computer, not Sonar, just Rapid. I had to restart computer and ran in to Black Screan on boot. Not relating it to Rapid- my custom built computer had some BSODs lately- issue with USB ports and KVM switch, so likely it is coincidence and not related to rapid installation. (Sorry- I just had to share this- could not write that everything went smooth). When I found 64 bit version location, it replaced 32 bit and now I don't have 32 bit version on my synths list- only 64.
It took some stress to actually boot my computer as it attempted auto repairs, but eventually it was up and running. The 32 bit of Rapid likes to stay on the top of all pages- it does not bland in to background. Not sure if it is the Bridge implementation, because 64 bit version goes in to background and new windows open on top of it. 32 bit version stays where it is, so if the question box opens (Would you like to save?)- you cannot see it behind the Rapid. It would be helpful to make it respond better.
The 64 bit version looks much better- no “free synths” feeling. The user interface looks nice.
It was interesting to realize that all sounds are made of samples- more like Omnisphere- it relies on sound sources. The samples are slow to load. Not that it takes too much time out of my evening- it just that I press keys on keyboard sooner than sound loads and it is irritating after a while. I have all samples installed on SSD, it is 3.5 MHz Quad Core Intel processor, so this is not local issue. But it feels like using Kontakt instrument- it takes about as long as loading instruments/patches in to Kontakt.
The samples are very loud. I have to remember to turn channel volume down before it hurts my ears- it blasts through the mix. When you play a patch, the meter on each part shows the loudness of the sample. If the meter turns red- obviously- the sample is clipping. I don’t understand why so many patches have clipping samples and why the levels were not adjusted to avoid clipping. Not a big deal- I can do it myself when hearing returns.
I am a preset person, I do not have much time to program sounds from scratch, so I cannot comment on sound design process. But the factory library is very pleasant. Who ever created the sound sources collection has very good taste. I produce heavy electronic music with dubstep elements and love the woobles and distorted arpeggiators. But the keys library was surprisingly nice. It is like instant balad or romantic trance lead. The word Romantic is the key- everything is romantic, fairy land like mystical and pretty. You will find the sparkles, snowflakes, rainbow and sunset at the beach. I always said- I like one finger arrangements, but many sequences are too complicated. I was looking for simple 4 on the floor with HH (boots skirts) sequence, but it had too many extra processed drum loops on top of it which were not usable unless turned off. There is no Solo button (that I found), only Mute, so if you want to find your kick loop, you have to mute 5 other parts instead of just solo the part you want to hear. Not too big deal- may be in the future update we can have Solo button for the parts next to Mute- would be very helpful.

If I was making the sequences, I would be focusing more on useful patterns that respond to note/chord change instead of programming entire song-obviously- nobody would release a song with demo chord progression in it. Often I find good combination of instruments but I play one note and it goes on to play its own melody and chord progression, which I would not be using because it is not mine. And then if I change the note- it starts all over again instead of continuing. 4 to 8 measures parts without chord progression would be better. I also would not be using the drum loops that have kick, snare and HH on the same part- cannot adjust the level balance or add individual EQ or effects.
I am hoping there will be expansion libraries. The factory library has many great sounds- can be used on more than one production, but if expansion libraries will offer such a good quality content- I would be happy to buy them every time (if they not as expansive as Nexus, as I am boycotting them- lol).
Great synths, love it, had great time. Thank you for making it.

Astralv

Paragraphs would have made reading that a lot easier. I had to stop mid way through because my eyes started hurting. But I did see the great synth love it so I guess the rest doesn't matter so much.

Last one for the day, it is where I'm at with the expanded version of the previous goa trance track I uploaded :D

https://soundcloud.com/touch_the_univer ... oa-demo-v2

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Last one for the day, it is where I'm at with the expanded version of the previous goa trance track I uploaded :D

https://soundcloud.com/touch_the_univer ... oa-demo-v2
I gotta admit, that's really good. Presets or your own sounds?

Thanks wagtunes! All from init of course :tu:

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Thanks wagtunes! All from init of course :tu:
I just followed you on Soundcloud. I'm gonna listen to some more of your stuff when I get some spare time.

There were paragraphs. It was typed in Microsoft Word with 2 spaces between each paragraph but KVR does not accept this formatting and does its own thing. I cant believe you skipped the middle of my post. I have read the entire 42 pages of the drama trying to find your posts that you deleted.

Astralv wrote:There were paragraphs. It was typed in Microsoft Word with 2 spaces between each paragraph but KVR does not accept this formatting and does its own thing. I cant believe you skipped the middle of my post. I have read the entire 42 pages of the drama trying to find your posts that you deleted.
I'm sorry man. It was just too hard to read. My eyes were starting to hurt.

Right. Easy to say after you deleted all your posts- now I can not comment on how hard it was to read them. By the way- I thought you know- I am a woman. It makes difference because women in general more wordy and it takes them a while to get to the point. And I can tell that you are good at bypassing most of what we have to say- must have a lot of experience. Not saying it was anything important, but this is what we are here for- to talk about unimportant. I was disappointed that your posts disappeared- I made the popcorn.

Return to “Instruments”