Favorite UI - most pleasing to the eyes...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:I'm sorry but this was one ugly synth.
True but I never owned one. Did you ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
You said owned. I just said grew up with. I wouldn't buy a Wasp if they gave it to me for nothing.

And this wasn't even the worst of the worst.

Ever see a Moog Sonic 6 up close? First synth I ever owned. The inside of that thing after you opened the case looked like the inside of a badly designed space ship. At least the Minimoog was cool looking.

And don't even get me started on the Yamaha CS series. Not only ugly, but I almost broke my back lugging that thing up the stairs.

wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
You said owned. I just said grew up with. I wouldn't buy a Wasp if they gave it to me for nothing.
So your definition of "grew up with" is existing at the same time ? Ok got it. :tu:

If we look back and search hard enough can we find hardware that qualifies as ugly now ? Certainly but be honest did you ever think of any of the hardware you owned as ugly at that time ? I can honestly say I don't ever remember thinking any of the hardware I owned was ugly and in fact I don't remember ever being concerned with how it looked. Perhaps because with hardware it is what it is unless someone was crazy enough to disassemble it and spray paint it and I don't remember anyone around here ever doing that either... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

:tu:

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
So your definition of "grew up with" is existing at the same time ? Ok got it. :tu:

If we look back and search hard enough can we find hardware that qualifies as ugly now ? Certainly but be honest did you ever think of any of the hardware you owned as ugly at that time ? I can honestly say I don't ever remember thinking any of the hardware I owned was ugly and in fact I don't remember ever being concerned with how it looked. Perhaps because with hardware it is what it is unless someone was crazy enough to disassemble it and spray paint it and I don't remember anyone around here ever doing that either... :shrug:
Well, for that matter, I never looked at any of the dozens of synths I owned from 1977 onward and said to myself "What a thing of beauty". They were functional and some just marginally so at that, which is why I don't know why so many people glorify those days to begin with. They weighed a ton, couldn't store patches, went out of tune constantly and were capable of making a few sounds. No, I wasn't a big hardware fan until they actually started making things that were actually good. And IMO, that wasn't until Korg came out with the M1 and that totally changed everything.

But that's another subject altogether.

Hideous ...

Gorgeous ...

Out of curiosity what makes the Matrix 6 "hideous" to you ? For that matter what makes the Moog "gorgeous" ? I think they both look fine but neither is on the extreme edge of beautiful or ugly. I know which one I'd rather own........ :shrug:

ew
A spectral heretic...

That's certainly one of the most entertaining GUIs ever conceived.......... :hihi:

Teksonik wrote:Out of curiosity what makes the Matrix 6 "hideous" to you ? For that matter what makes the Moog "gorgeous" ? I think they both look fine but neither is on the extreme edge of beautiful or ugly. I know which one I'd rather own........ :shrug:
Dunno really ... what attracts anyone to one item or another, or one person to another for that matter? The Moog just looks good to me. No doubt the Oberheim is great bit of kit, but its looks don't appeal to me.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Out of curiosity what makes the Matrix 6 "hideous" to you ? For that matter what makes the Moog "gorgeous" ? I think they both look fine but neither is on the extreme edge of beautiful or ugly. I know which one I'd rather own........ :shrug:
Dunno really ... what attracts anyone to one item or another, or one person to another for that matter? The Moog just looks good to me. No doubt the Oberheim is great bit of kit, but its looks don't appeal to me.
Well I know what attracts me to some women and not others. :wink: Anyway hideous and gorgeous are extremes compared to "looks good to me" and "looks don't appeal to me". :shrug:

Teksonik wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Well I know what attracts me to some women and not others. :wink: Anyway hideous and gorgeous are extremes compared to "looks good to me" and "looks don't appeal to me". :shrug:
You're just being pedantic now. :x :ud: :P

ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Image
Now that is one ugly synth. Thank God for the alternate skin.

Ok dad. :P

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”