Is there an easy way to reduce round-robins and velocity layers in sample libs?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know about the preload-buffer tricks, but some sample libraries have a scripted option to reduce round-robins and velocity layers in the UI.
Is there a simple way, like some custom utility tool, to cut round-robins and velocity layers, without "breaking/messing up" the instrument?

For an example, I would like to use the Carpenter Trombone for sketching, but the size is too much to load into Kontakt every time I would like to test a few ideas. I've looked "under the hood", but the sample mappings look so weird and complex (compared to my own simple drag-n-drop-drum machine-NKIs), that I'm afraid to touch anything! :lol: Maybe I should just learn some Kontakt-scripting? :cry:

Essentially, I would like to do some lite-sketching versions of patches. Even separating single articulations into different NKIs would be nice to be able to do. Does this cross the line of some "prohibited reverse-engineering" of the product? Of course I'm not planning on selling edited patch versions. :roll: This is strictly for personal use.

Just sample a note at C3, make a new NKI and stretch it across the keyboard. Quick and dirty.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Just sample a note at C3, make a new NKI and stretch it across the keyboard. Quick and dirty.
What if I want to keep the scripting (=better realism) of an instrument, but I only need a single articulation, (that possibly requires keyswitch to access) without "breaking" the instrument, by deleting sample/sample groups? Is there some way to do this without scripting/simple script?

For sketching, you can purge samples to reduce memory load.

Aryaroman wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Just sample a note at C3, make a new NKI and stretch it across the keyboard. Quick and dirty.
What if I want to...
EvilDragon will probably be around here soon. I wouldn't know where to begin. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”