skins for discoDSP's OB-Xd synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Teksonik wrote:Wow that's awesome thanks ! I could look at that all day with no eye strain. :tu:
You're most certainly welcome. :wink:
Teksonik wrote:(Perhaps a little more contrast on the slider switches to help see what position they are in ? ) :)
Just added some simple white "0" and "1" markings on the insides of the switches for better visibility:
v2.png

Skin version 2 download:
https://app.box.com/s/nuklhu8n8cxu06ds4tkdjlol9env1xy9
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All of my patches and skins were thoroughly scanned and tested negative for viruses prior to uploading. If your antivirus or anti-malware programs say otherwise, please let me know and I will immediately replace the file.

rin_elyran wrote:Before discoDSP took the helm with OB-Xd's development, I've been privately tinkering with skinning the Classic mode of OB-Xd, and decided to try my hand at creating a skin inspired by the Oberheim SEM, Two-Voice, Four-Voice and Eight-Voice synthesizers, right down to the slide switches (courtesy of G200KG's Knobman Gallery):

Feel free to make any modifications to the skin as you see fit.

Download:
https://app.box.com/s/h8qonz0w0mkcsvy7l5ruxvb38o1x3jxa
Amazing :love: Just updated the skins pack with this gem.

Many thanks for the skin!
But TBH, I don't like it with the 0s and 1s. I guess the aliased white doesn't cut it for me.
So I made a quick mod replacing the 1 with a glowing red LED. It's a quick job but I still like it.

If anyone else likes it, here's a download link for the button.png file: link

Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Yeah a red light for 'on' is definitely clearer than 0's and 1's

Carbonflake wrote:Many thanks for the skin!
But TBH, I don't like it with the 0s and 1s. I guess the aliased white doesn't cut it for me.
So I made a quick mod replacing the 1 with a glowing red LED. It's a quick job but I still like it.

If anyone else likes it, here's a download link for the button.png file: link

Skins pack updated, I also agree about the red lights :tu:

mcbpete wrote:Yeah a red light for 'on' is definitely clearer than 0's and 1's
Yes, a "led" light would be great, and more informative3. But if you are doing it in red, please make it "orangeish" (I have extreme dificulty in see red lights. Sometimes, I can't say of it's On or Off).
Fernando (FMR)

I Want this SEM skin. I downloaded it and made a folder in documents labels "OB_Xd" then created a folder named "Main.png", then placed the .pngs images in that folder. All I get is a blank white GUI with knobs.

Mac Sierra/Reaper

Tried it in Plogue bidule and the same.

^^^I renamed the inside folder to "classic" and it works now. :)

I like it, I think it should have larger switches though. There is plenty of room for larger switches, but thanks for the GUI!

Yes thanks again for the Sem skin and also thanks for the Red Dot switches. Much easier to read but I agree that they could be wider. The "click zone" to turn a switch on/off is a few pixels larger on each side. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This instrument is even more a pleasure with the new skins.
Thanks to all the contributors!
Has anyone noticed anything odd when unison is enabled,
when simultaneously playing both very low and very high notes
in legato mode?
Cheers

New sem skins look great.

I widened the buttons and made the LEDs less red in the center. Hope it suits everyone.
The link is the same as above > link

And to add audio pleasure to visual one, I'm also in the process of making a free bank for OB-Xd.

Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Thanks rin_elyran. That's a winner. Will become my skin! :)

Wow thanks!

Hi I like em. Is there anyway to make one that looks like DSI OB6? Another option would be to color code the sections differently - like defined boxes. That would be cool

Return to “Instruments”