Favorite UI - most pleasing to the eyes...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
resynthesis wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if there was a global standard for GUIs which all the manufacturers could use then we could all add our widget preferences :wink:
No. :P For me, a GUI is a sales argument. If it doesn't work for me, i couldn't be arsed to work to make it work for me. I want to buy a soft synth, no design construction kit.
Fair enough :)

The idea I was getting at though was not really a deisgn kit but something which could be redesigned with a single instruction i.e. the XML is pointed at a set of resources for tour favourite widgets.

I've always liked the Blue/Blue 2 UI. I think it's pleasing to the eyes, but also makes good use of the available space to fit a LOT of parameters that are arranged in an intuitive manner. That's just one of the many reasons it's been one of my all-time favorite synths.

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Well it is clear that it would be hard to make a GUI that pleases everyone, for example that Blue2 GUI is exactly what I don't like all in one (there are worst for me nevertheless).

So I am glad developers try everything, the only problem is when I love the sound and functionality of a plug in but hate the GUI and viceversa.

For example I like Circle, twin and Aalto GUI but I don't like the sound that much (except Aalto but it is something I wouldn't use much).

I love largo sound but while the GUI isn't bad it is small, specially the text so it is hard for me to use. Soundtoys echoboy is even a worst ofender for me: great sound and a GUI that I hate to use because of how small controls, fonts are and how strange the control respond to mouse movement.

it is great I do like U.he and Valhalla GUis since I love how each sounds.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Well it is clear that it would be hard to make a GUI that pleases everyone,
Definitely, and I'll add that, when it comes down to it, most people probably like to have a variety of looks in their plugins (I certainly do). For example, even though Rapture is one of my all-time favorite UI designs, I would not want all of my plugins to look similar to it. Gimme variety.
rod_zero wrote:...for example that Blue2 GUI is exactly what I don't like all in one

Yeah, I've noticed that people seem to either love it, or hate it!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

.jon wrote:Not really even an assertion, just countertrolling Teksonik
But I was just countertrolling you.......
.jon wrote:I don't the connection he suggests exists outside jos prejudicous, little mind.

Great sentence. Certainly reinforces your argument. :lol:
.jon wrote:fake 3D guis are naive and impractical
Flat GUIs are childish toys. If I wanted flat I'd go back 35 years to an Atari 520 ST. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well, UVI falcon thread at the top. That's one with a brilliant GUI. Shame they have all gone LOK'd from being useful.

:love:

Teksonik wrote: Flat GUIs are childish toys. If I wanted flat I'd go back 35 years to an Atari 520 ST. :wink:
Fake 3D UIs are childish toys, meant for naive users who like to touch pixel chrome with their mouse. :wink:

.jon wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Flat GUIs are childish toys. If I wanted flat I'd go back 35 years to an Atari 520 ST. :wink:
Fake 3D UIs are childish toys, meant for naive users who like to touch pixel chrome with their mouse. :wink:
Wow witty comeback. Someone really naive write that for you ? :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes, it was inspired by someone very naive indeed, also a master of witty comebacks.

That's nice, I'm very happy for you. :tu:

Here's a thread that should interest some of you: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6597240

If utilitarianism is literally the only metric, you literally have no taste.
ImageImageImageImage

Holy crap this thing is pricey. :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”