New Korg: MONOLOGUE ..... analog monosynth for 299

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:I don't recall anything on the Polysix being the dark olive green is all. And the blue stripes which match the set list colors are 'light' and 'denim', not dark blue.

As for the rest of your comment, I'll just let it pass...

dark olive green ? ........ ???

black background, light grey, blue, creme, red, dark grey ... albeit with some kind of textural overlay.

as for letting the rest of my comment pass, maybe you should have done that in the first place before getting your XXXL knickers in a twist over something as innocuous as trimming some quotes. i trimmed my own too if you didn't notice, stripped it down to the bare content of 'i wonder if the colour scheme is a clue' and you wondering the same thing ... you'd swear I 'edited' the quote to make you look like a rape apologist card carrying member of NAMBLA or something. take a break from the internet, get out of your basement and get some fresh air. no one is out to get you and make you look like you agree to their theory about a colour scheme :nutter:

It is a more advanced Minilogue... I heard from someone who knows.

Yes, it is a dark green. (I'm not bothering to read the rest.)

Along the idea of it being some re-issue, I personally would hope more for Mono/Poly over the Polysix. (Which is basically the same generation of Korg colors.) But even more so, maybe some sort of an inception of a MOSS beast!

BBFG# wrote:Yes, I can see now that I was wrong about the dark olive. I'll get my eyes checked next week. (I totally read the rest but I'd rather pretend I didn't.)

Along the idea of it being some re-issue, I personally would hope more for Mono/Poly over the Polysix. (Which is basically the same generation of Korg colors.) But even more so, maybe some sort of an inception of a MOSS beast!

if we're looking at the colour scheme of the teaser image as a clue, that rules out the monopoly since it doesn't feature any red.

i got a polysix and a monopoly right here beside me, but you can confirm this yourself on google since I obviously have ulterior motives.

Daags wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Yes, I can see now that I was wrong about the dark olive. I'll get my eyes checked next week. (I totally read the rest but I'd rather pretend I didn't.)

if we're looking at the colour scheme of the teaser image as a clue, that rules out the monopoly since it doesn't feature any red.

i got a polysix and a monopoly right here beside me, but you can confirm this yourself on google since I obviously have ulterior motives.
Seriously, stop it and take your own advice.

And the Mono/Poly; MOSS statement was just to speculate further without a real regard to color.

vata44 wrote:It is a more advanced Minilogue... I heard from someone who knows.
Spill the Bostonians!

LOL it's a Korg X3 VST - complete with plastic buttons that break after a few hundred pushes and a floppy drive that breaks and cannot be repaired. Ever.

Nobody will buy it.

Maybe it's more than one thing. A complete new set of products which would of course include another guitar tuner. :hihi:

and an updated Korg SQD-1 that doesn't take mini-discs, but micro-SD cards. God I loved mine back in the late 80's.
sqd1[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't Tech No for an Answer

I dont know why everyone assumes its just one product..

The Old/New Microkorg S in 5 more colours based on customers request updated with only 2 voice polyphony instead of 4 on the original and the white S version.

5 colours also gives you a hint of 5ch channel suround speakers around the keyboard for that extra 3d sound :hihi:

BBFG# wrote:Yes, it is a dark green.
The Polysix colours to me in that picture look like bright orange, bright red, dark brown, cream, and pale grey buttons, and a dark blue and black chassis.
The chassis dark blue looks the same shade as on the Mono/Poly. Some other pictures, the orange button looks more yellow, the brown maybe into dark grey.

The 'stripes' though, look grey, light blue, cream, dark red, and a dark grey-blue, on a black background, with a pseudo tolex/hammerite type texture. The chassis' dark blue is very obviously missing.

Im not convinced by the correlation between those two sets of colours, especially the lack of orange, and the particular chassis blue in the stripes. I also figure the texture has some point to it, but I wouldnt really correlate it with the PolySix having that sort of surface.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It made me think of the older Electribes.

Imagine they combined the Volca series with the bodies of the old Electribes and made more complex analog Volcatribes. :P

AnX wrote:I dont know why everyone assumes its just one product..
Yes, could be 30 more products like on Roland's 909 day. Gotta think larger nowadays. :P Quantity > quality.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”