Remembering Syd Barrett

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett is finally to be commemorated in his home town of Cambridge, according to BBC News.

It's sad what's happened to him. The Cure's CD title Disintegration always reminds me of that guy. And also this song which is supposed to be inspired by him, provided just in case there is still someone that doesn't know:

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote:It's sad what's happened to him. The Cure's CD title Disintegration always reminds me of that guy. And also this song which is supposed to be inspired by him, provided just in case there is still someone that doesn't know:

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.
Not just inspired but written for/about him according to Roger Waters. One of my all time favorite songs. Beautiful song.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

According to rock lore, Pink Floyd saw Syd Barrett for the last time on June 5th, 1975, when the now bald and bloated 29-year-old dropped in on a recording session for the album Wish You Were Here. Remarkably, the band was in the midst of working on "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" – a track that paid tribute to their fallen musical leader. While certain elements of the story may be apocryphal (Nick Mason, for one, can't confirm the precise song they were working on), the remarkable scenario is largely true. While it would be the last reunion for the five members of Pink Floyd, Roger Waters would have one final encounter. Though less dramatic, it was equally troubling.

"The last time I saw him was a couple of years after he turned up at the Wish You Were Here sessions," he told the Mirror in 2008. "I bumped into him in [British department store] Harrods where he used to go to buy sweets, but we didn't speak – he sort of scuttled away." Not wishing to upset his old friend, Waters made no further attempt to communicate.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... d-20160707
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Roger didn't want to be *remembered*. He just wanted to be left alone.
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

That's trazy ! I'll see if it's online for looking tonight !
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”