what decent alternative to waveburner for mac ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi

simple question

considering the obsolescence of waveburner on mac that cannot work with earlier and even less earlier) operating system what might replace it decently ?

Krakatau wrote:hi

simple question

considering the obsolescence of waveburner on mac that cannot work with earlier and even less earlier) operating system what might replace it decently ?
If you want everything, including the capacity to create CD images, then you have:

Steinberg Wavelab
Audiofile Engineering Triumph
DSP Quattro

DSP Quattro is the cheapest, and also my favourite.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: DSP Quattro

DSP Quattro is the cheapest, and also my favourite.
:dog: ...of course, i'm i silly !!!

+1 for WaveLab. WaveLab 9 is pretty solid. WaveLab Elements is too limited but WaveLab Pro 9 is something I couldn't work without.

If you just need an app like this a few times per year, some of the others might be fine but if you're doing mastering work nearly everyday, the efficiency of WaveLab will pay for itself soon enough.

Triumph by Audiofile Engineering would be my 2nd favorite and for a short time I tried the mastering mode in PreSonus Studio One V3 and while it had some nice things about it, it also was something I'd not want to use on a daily basis.

WaveLab beats all in my opinion if you're on Mac. With Windows, you have a few other options but I think I would still choose WaveLab over them all since WaveLab 9 has been available.

well.. i also own Wavelab LE that was bundled with a Zoom handy recorder (h2n) would perhaps do the trick, that kind of work i mostly doing it in burkina faso for mastered live recording, ...so it might be more obvious to do the job entirely into (dsp-quattro sound design/mastering/CD burning)

i always had the habit to do the, so to say mastering for each track independently (while taking all my time), THEN only choose their order and separation length into wave burner, so not a big deal on that stage as you can see...

If you don't need to do any serious audio processing and just need a way to assemble a master, you may also look at Sonoris DDP Creator Pro or HOFA CD Burn & DDP.

HOFA is working on what sounds like a significant update to HOFA CD Burn & DDP that might add some additional things to make it even better and more flexible.

What issues does Waveburner have with newer systems?

I still have it installed on Yosemite, but I've never really used it as it just came with Logic.
Image Image Image Image

It has some serious issue with CD-Text (it turns all empty fields to ??????) and I've heard that the DDP rendering is buggy.

I think a quick Google search will show you some issues:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3068188?tstart=0

It hasn't been updated in AGES and it was never that stable to begin with. I don't think I've even bothered to have it installed in 5 or 6 years.

It might be fine for causal CD burning and amateur mastering but I wouldn't even consider it today in a professional situation.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”