Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

Why do factory patches show in the dropdown menu but not the library in Logic?

I just heard about it via another thread and i downloaded the demo now.....damn i love it.
I can get really close to the Moog Model 15 iOS app....and further.
I still want to try to create similar or exact the same patches to compare them.
The only thing is....can i make the window not bigger? It´s a bit too small and i have to scroll a lot ( :hihi: like on the iOS app).
But yeah, first contact and i like it!

Are there any modules for aftertouch and velocity for modulation (like Model 15 app)?
This would be the thing i need the most.
Edit: I find it....i´m blind :roll:
If that would have a (nearly) full screen mode it would be super great! Fantastic plug-in otherwise.

Cinebient wrote:I just heard about it via another thread and i downloaded the demo now.....damn i love it.
I can get really close to the Moog Model 15 iOS app....and further.
I still want to try to create similar or exact the same patches to compare them.
The only thing is....can i make the window not bigger? It´s a bit too small and i have to scroll a lot ( :hihi: like on the iOS app).
But yeah, first contact and i like it!
Check the options under the "Window" menu. There are many window size configurations available.

Cinebient wrote:Are there any modules for aftertouch and velocity for modulation (like Model 15 app)?
If that would have a (nearly) full screen mode it would be super great! Fantastic plug-in otherwise.
Yes, you have CV outputs for velocity and pressure (aftertouch) on the MIDI/CV Converter module...and very large window sizes available from the "Window" submenu.

pulsarmodular wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Are there any modules for aftertouch and velocity for modulation (like Model 15 app)?
Yes, you have CV outputs for velocity and pressure (aftertouch) on the MIDI/CV Converter module...and very large window sizes available from the "Window" submenu.
Thank's! :tu:

aMUSEd wrote:Why do factory patches show in the dropdown menu but not the library in Logic?
Factory patches are a special AudioUnits feature; Logic shows them in the menu. Normally, you can't change these but the P900 implements them as MIDI programs that you can set using a controller and also modify/save via the MIDI/CV converter module. In hindsight it probably wasn't such a great idea to merge the factory patches and MIDI program concepts as such, but that's how it is currently...I was trying to recreate the simple numeric patch system you have on many vintage synths.

Demo's Mac only by the looks of things.

I must thank the developer...i was searching for an AU replacement for my Moog Model 15 app and thought it will not happen but i didn´t know that it already exist....on steroids :D
This could be my new favourite (non hybrid) synth (but i will judge after the 14 days demo).
I just wish the GUI would be sharper (sorry, compared that also to the Moog app since it looks very very similar).
But zooming is very fluid and works great for me.
:tu: :clap: :tu: :clap:
Another question: Is there a (customizable) glide option?

Cinebient wrote:I must thank the developer...i was searching for an AU replacement for my Moog Model 15 app and thought it will not happen but i didn´t know that it already exist....on steroids :D
This could be my new favourite (non hybrid) synth (but i will judge after the 14 days demo).
I just wish the GUI would be sharper (sorry, compared that also to the Moog app since it looks very very similar).
I'm happy to hear you like it! It's currently optimised for retina displays and should be nicely sharp on those. Unfortunately not so sharp on earlier systems. It's possible to improve that, however, it's quite a bit of work (to rebuild textures and use atlases), and there are too many other things on the list currently. Will get to it eventually...as part of the cross-platform port.

pulsarmodular wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I must thank the developer...i was searching for an AU replacement for my Moog Model 15 app and thought it will not happen but i didn´t know that it already exist....on steroids :D
I'm happy to hear you like it! It's currently optimised for retina displays and should be nicely sharp on those. Unfortunately not so sharp on earlier systems. It's possible to improve that, however, it's quite a bit of work (to rebuild textures and use atlases), and there are too many other things on the list currently. Will get to it eventually...as part of the cross-platform port.
Mhhh...i have a retina macbook :D
Indeed, what about midi learn?
I would like to set it up to play with my Seaboard Rise.

Cinebient wrote: Another question: Is there a (customizable) glide option?
The Sample & Hold module has exponential glide. It's a nice trick to patch it in between the MIDI pitch CV and the Oscillator Driver. Use the S&H to sample the pitch CV and then apply glide to it. You need to switch the S&H module to use an external clock and then plug in the MIDI gate signal into that clock input.

Cinebient wrote: Mhhh...i have a retina macbook :D
Well, if you have a retina display that's as sharp as it currently gets.

MIDI learn is on the list of future enhancements, pretty high up.

I don't know much about the Seaboard Rise. The P900 does not yet support MPE. Realistically that's far down the list.

pulsarmodular wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Why do factory patches show in the dropdown menu but not the library in Logic?
Factory patches are a special AudioUnits feature; Logic shows them in the menu. Normally, you can't change these but the P900 implements them as MIDI programs that you can set using a controller and also modify/save via the MIDI/CV converter module. In hindsight it probably wasn't such a great idea to merge the factory patches and MIDI program concepts as such, but that's how it is currently...I was trying to recreate the simple numeric patch system you have on many vintage synths.
OK it's just I'd rather be able to load them from the library panel as then I can use keyboard arrow keys

pulsarmodular wrote:
Cinebient wrote: Mhhh...i have a retina macbook :D
Well, if you have a retina display that's as sharp as it currently gets.

MIDI learn is on the list of future enhancements, pretty high up.

I don't know much about the Seaboard Rise. The P900 does not yet support MPE. Realistically that's far down the list.
Great to hear!
MPE is great but i also can just use several instances of an plug-in and split the midi channels.
So i could play an up to 15 part multi-timbral Pulsar 900 :D
However, this thing is a winner and i hope it will be a success for you.
I'm sure i will buy.....when the next paycheck comes :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”