Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cockos Reaper license #4: $45

eaReckon Analog87: $31

let's help the kids!

Don't worry.. this auction always explodes with bids on the last day. That is generally how most go about auctions.. sit on them until the last moments then POUNCE! :ud:

Sugar Bytes Factory - $ 75,-

VitaminD wrote:Don't worry.. this auction always explodes with bids on the last day. That is generally how most go about auctions.. sit on them until the last moments then POUNCE! :ud:
I'll be here until last minute :D

VitaminD wrote:Don't worry.. this auction always explodes with bids on the last day. That is generally how most go about auctions.. sit on them until the last moments then POUNCE! :ud:
And the rest of us are kind enough to actually drive up the bids beforehand so the kids get some real money, which is actually the whole point.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:
And the rest of us are kind enough to actually drive up the bids beforehand so the kids get some real money, which is actually the whole point.
If that were truly your motivation, you'd skip the items and just donate the cash to the cause.

nickamandote wrote:
I'll be here until last minute :D
I expect it to be crazy! :wheee:

Couple more bids if I may:

SynthMaster Everything Bundle. $55
That Sound, 2 libraries: $5
Sonic Academy 1 Years subscription: $50
FilmScore Companion: $40

Cheers

Ade

VitaminD wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:
If that were truly your motivation, you'd skip the items and just donate the cash to the cause.
It is my motivation for bidding early and higher than a trickle, thank you. Otherwise, i would do a direct charity donation and get a tax receipt.
Last edited by anxiousmofo on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oops-- double post

anxiousmofo wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:
It is my motivation for bidding early and higher than a trickle, thank you. Otherwise, i would do a direct charity donation and get a tax receipt.
Or just bid heavy at the end. Whatever floats your boat.

But we both know most of us here bidding were not all about these kids before the shiny baubles were shown. That's why the shiny baubles were shown.. to entice bids. There are hundreds of thousands of charities and causes.. can't all be about each of them.

VitaminD wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote: And the rest of us are kind enough to actually drive up the bids beforehand so the kids get some real money, which is actually the whole point.

Or just bid heavy at the end. Whatever floats your boat.
But we both know most of us here bidding were not all about these kids before the shiny baubles were shown. That's why the shiny baubles were shown.. to entice bids. There are hundreds of thousands of charities and causes.. can't all be about each of them.

If it isn't a cause I believe in, it wouldn't matter how 'shiny the baubles' were, and I would pass. I also don't bid on anything just to bump the price to manipulate others with. I do come in with the idea of getting something for myself (other than a tax write off which never amounts to anything anyway) and the feeling that it has done some good elsewhere too. My general mindset is that of inspiring others to bid, but not to goad them to do so. On most things I bid on, I don't mind paying the usual price the developers and online stores sell it, and in some cases, don't even mind paying full list (or more). But I don't drive up the bids just to taunt others into it. My spouse only logs on here during this time to bid for the cause and otherwise spends the rest of the year reminding me what a waste of time any of these forums easily become. Manipulating shills and punters only adds to the litany of why it's mostly better to avoid the rest of the year. Be a mensch. It is ultimately about the children.

iZotope RX 5 Standard - $75 offered

Komplete Ultimate license: $495.

Return to “Instruments”